the interesting kind

ok guys, before we begin, I just have to update you that I've read the shadow and bone trilogy and it is sooooooo amazing. Like honestly, I've discovered so much about the characters and so many new ones as well! not gonna give any spoilers to the people who haven't read the books yet but basically go read it; it is honestly a life changer. I hate to say that I havent gotten around to reading the six of crows but I heard that's great as well. I'll keep u posted if I do finish that but anyways, here's the next part and I hope u guys like it xx

/////////

river- bishop briggs

shut your mouth, baby, stand and deliver
holy hands, will they make me a sinner?

/

'and the men said that the blood of the stars flowed in her veins' - c.s. lewis

-

seraphina

Seraphina saw the King turn at least 10 shades of red before she had even walked across the room. Vasily stood up in a futile attempt to calm his father down but he shot a look of interest towards Seraphina. He looked her up and down, savouring her form as if she were an object; Seraphina shivered with disgust under his gaze.

In an instant, lieutenant Sidorov was at her side. He grabbed her arm tight, she could feel his fingers digging into her skin even though her thick white kefta. It was a warning, a very clear one at that. Go back, whatever you're about to do, don't do it. He glared at her with his striking green eyes. Aggressive but braided with care. Sentimental she observed.

'What in saints' names are you doing?'

She tried to pull away from him, consciously aware that all eyes in the room were drawn to them, including the Darkling's. She remembered Genya's words of warning; it's never pretty when the General gets involved with a Grisha.

Michail didn't loosen his grip. Instead, he leaned over and whispered in her ear.

'You need to leave, now. The King will have your head.'

Seraphina's mouth rose into a small smirk.

'Oh ye of little faith, lieutenant. Surely you know what I'm capable of.'

Sidorov's finger's dug into her skin. She could practically feel the burning intensity of his anger. Cleary he wasn't used to having his orders defied. Or being outspoken by a girl.

'You need leave. I'll drag you out myself if I have to.'

As if on cue, the King yelled bloody murder. His face had flushed even more, enraged by the shock of the crowd.

'Get her out. I shall not tolerate such treacherous behaviour in my palace.'

How hurtful Seraphina thought with a grand mockery in her head. Now was her chance to shine.

She pulled herself from the lieutenant colonel's grasp with a firm determination. She approached the thrones where the royal family were sat. Genya had stood up and she shot Seraphina a warning look. Seraphina knew Genya wasn't only worried for her wellbeing; she was concerned that Seraphina would reveal her as an accomplice. If she did betray Genya, it wouldn't be the first time she had sent a friend to the gallows.

She dropped down to one knee in front of King Lantsov. Prince Vasily gasped, the Queen's face was devoid of emotion and completely unreadable.

The raven haired girl stole a glance at the Black Heretic. He looked amused and relaxed, as if he was enjoying the spectacle as it unfolded in front of him. As his eyes bore into hers, she could help but feel a shiver down her spine that he was testing her. Waiting to see if she was worth the investment that he put into her.