Chapter 1 - Mistress Violet

LV 1 - Mistress Violet

It was past midnight when an accident happened to a secluded small cottage that belonged to a family of three.

Not far away from the burning cottage, there was a group of six people dressed in black with extremely pale skin. Their features were ordinary, but they possessed a certain degree of charm that one could not ignore easily.

The six of them stared at the fierce fire with a wooden gaze, making no move to approach the burning cottage. If one looks from afar, they would believe this group of people was actually statues with how still they were standing.

Their stillness ended when a female with outstanding beauty dressed in pale yellow long dress appeared silently behind them. Following her was a tall, pale female dressed in a white and black maid uniform.

"Mistress Violet!" They bowed respectfully but they all wondered why did she come here personally instead of the butler.

"What happened?" Violet eyed the burning house with disinterest as if being forced to ask about it.

"It's a large group of vampires not registered in our country. They invaded our land and attacked this human family. The trackers are hunting down the others that had fled," The representative of the small group, a red-haired handsome man, reported.

His tone was flat, without any high or low tone that betrayed what he thought about this situation.

"The family?"

"Unknown status." The red-haired man presented her a small silver brooch with a picture of a majestic hawk carved on it. "We found this from those vampires."

Violet spared a lazy glance at it before asking in a leisurely manner, "Stuart, is that a valid reason as to why you did not put out the fire?"

There might be no changes to her tone and expression, but they know her well enough that she was not pleased. "Mistress Violet, we do not dare to make a decision."

That was why Stuart had to send out a note back to the mansion to inquire about the matter before deciding anything. He had thought the reliable butler would make a trip over to help them deal with this messy situation, but who knows why their Mistress would suddenly make the trip?

It was not that Violet does not understand why her men were afraid, but they should have known this was her territory. Without her permission, those vampires do not have the right to cause trouble and then use fire to remove the evidence of their crime. "Put out the fire."

"Right away!"

"Risa, make sure no humans get close," Violet ordered the girl in maid uniform before stepping towards the burning cottage.

"Mistress, it's dangerous!" Stuart, in a rare moment, forgotten himself and showed unnecessary concern for his mistress that was much stronger than him.

Violet eyed the door that had been kicked apart by someone with great strength, likely to be the work of the trespassing vampires. "Don't follow me."

If they waited until the firefighter arrives, the cottage will be completely burned down by then. The distance from this place to the nearest town would need at least ten minutes car ride.

She stepped into the cottage, completely unfazed by the fire that vampires would be afraid of. The cries of concern from her men were ignored and treated like background noise. As an older and considerably powerful vampire, she was harder to kill than the younger ones. However, she would be burned to death if she was continuously burned for three whole days.

That was just a prediction. It would be stupid to test if it worked.

However, the fires could not touch her, as if she was surrounded by a protective bubble. It freely allowed her to walk through the fire to look around for any clues. But the fire had spread and burned down most of the rooms, including any clues that might be useful in explaining tonight's attack.