Chapter 14 - A ghoul

LV 14 - A ghoul

The ghoul surprisingly has very lethal fingernails, with its length as long as an umbrella rib.

It was also as sharp as a sword, with the destroyed bed and walls as its proof.

Even if Jet's speed allowed him and Bryan to safely avoid the sharp fingernails, his clothes were not as lucky.

He tossed the metal railing that had not lasted long against the assault and was now as short as a pen.

Jet does not know much about ghouls except how they looked like and that they love kidnapping children. He suspected that this ghoul wanted Bryan as his hands kept on directed towards Bryan, along with his greedy eyes.

This lanky and anorexia-looking ghoul looked frail, but Jet's kicks failed to break even a single bone of the ghoul's. He could not recall a ghoul's weakness from the book he was given to read to familiarize himself as an agent.

Too absorbed in his plans to land a few kicks at the same spot, hoping that the ghoul's bone will break, his upper arm got scratched. Fortunately Jet had leaned away at the last minute and escaped from letting the nail from making the slash deeper.

Jet sneered when the ghoul giggled as if it achieved victory. "It's just a small scratch, why are you so happy-"

His scratched arm suddenly lost strength, and Bryan would have slipped out from his grip if he did not use his other arm to support the weight. But soon, his uninjured hand gets strangely tired and Bryan feels heavier in his arms.

The ghoul danced weirdly the more tired Jet felt. In the end, Jet could not hold on and fall down to his knees. His mind was still clear but his body was dead tired and heavy as if he had done extreme sports for a whole day.

Shit! With his current state, he was completely defenseless.

"A ghoul?"

Jet's tightly squeezed heart eased at the familiar voice. He never thought he would be so happy to see Violet!

To reach Hale's room, Violet will need to pass by Jet's room. Each room has a thick wall, but useless to a vampire's hearing.

What is a ghoul doing inside her lair?

Violet never liked ghouls and seeing the destruction it brought onto the room, she found it even more unpleasant to look at. She did not dally and flicked a finger at it's direction.

Unable to be seen by anyone, Violet conjured an invisible shield and flung it at the ghoul. Like a mobile wall, the invisible shield smashed the ghoul to the wall and held him in place.

Because Violet's shield was invisible, everyone mostly misunderstood her power to be telekinesis.

And she did not bother enlightening them.

Grr! Grr!

The ghoul looked agitated, gritting its teeth as it fought to free itself against the shield that continued pressing it deeper into the wall. However, it was the wall behind it that received damage instead of the ghoul.

Knowing that it could not move, the ghoul shifted its head to the side with a loud creak and spread its mouth wide open. The shield was in the form of a wall and the sides were free of barriers, allowing whatever that flew from the mouth to head straight towards Jet without hindrance.

With his body heavily influenced by the unknown drug, Jet could not avoid it even if his mind screamed at him to move. He does not know if the ghoul had wrongly judged the direction of the throw because the syringe will miss Bryan.