Chapter 10 - Blood still tastes the best

LV 10 - Blood still tastes the best

"Lana," Violet said warningly when Lana stopped speaking. "I do not appreciate it when you stop halfway while explaining things, especially when it involves my guest that you claimed to be dead."

"I'm sorry," Lana apologized. "But I just couldn't stop it. I just love to make the conversation more intense..."

Violet waved her half-hearted apologies as she never changed this habit after decades and motioned her to stop wasting her time to continue.

Lana swiped her hair behind her ears. "...Right, the soldiers themselves were the ones that declared him dead. Oh, did I mention Jet Muse used to be a military soldier? There's even a death certificate printed out as proof. Even when his body was not found, they still insisted that he's dead."

Lana sighed when Violet just stared at her, radiating indifference. Once again, Lana failed to make Violet feel curious enough to beg her to speak more.

Alas, Violet's personality was vastly different from her other cute sisters.

"They are able to claim him dead because there are witnesses. Jet Muse died right before their eyes." Lana feels a little accomplished to see Violet's eyebrow raised slightly, a sign of her interest. "The report states that he was killed by a vampire during a mission in Britain. The mission was to escort Britain's Queen to meet up with Onerous."

It was not surprising there would be danger involved when it comes to the Queen of Britain. She was the leader of humans that wished to coexist with other species and the largest supporter of the Onerous organization.

"How was he killed?" Perhaps his injury looked severe but in truth, it does not kill him.

Lana could hardly contain her glee now, which was shone brightly from her eyes, ignored by Violet for she was more interested in Lana's answer. "He was beaten up pretty badly, massive blood loss, and the final blow; a broken neck," Lana listed out with the help of her fingers.

Violet eyed Lana with an arched brow. "Why did you say his body was not found?" They could not possibly diagnose his injuries this much without examining his body.

"The vampire that attacked him took his body away. No one knows why that vampire did it, or the reason why Jet Muse was specifically targeted. But the most surprising thing is, they seem to allow Jet Muse to live if he did escape a year ago instead of being set free."

"Is that why Onerous is involved with this case and adopted him to their nest?"

"Mother is unclear about this but guessed that it's Onerous organization that reached out to Jet Muse first. It would not be surprising as that accident relates to their jurisdiction as well." Lana leaned closer, her arm rested on the table with a serious expression. "Usually, a file of an agent is as thick as yellow pages with information from the moment they are born, but Jet Muse's file is a bit too thin even for a new agent. What do you think of the reason? A secret spy right under the human queen's command?"

Violet was not interested in guessing Jet Muse's childhood stories. "Is there any information on why he would migrate to Votum?"

"Hmm, none. Mother believes the higher-ups of the organization tend to send newbies out to different branches with how few agents they have. Sister, I'm truly surprised when I could sense a little respect from Mother when she spoke of him! He must be undoubtedly strong with a good heart."

Violet could testify that Jet was indeed strong, but there were other Onerous agents that were stronger than him. Boa may detest males, but she did respect strong men with orthodox morals.