Chapter 44 - Humanoid-sized bats

LV 44 - Humanoid-sized bats

"What have you done with Selene?" Jet had assumed his ex-wife would have a decent life with Kilan, as she was willing to run away with him.

Or was it actually one-sided promises made up of dangerous lies?

"Your wife... have been very gracious to volunteer to be the mother of my children." Kilan rubbed the very large stomach of Selene's that responded to the touch, so much that the extremely stretched stomach might explode.

Selene had been very willing to offer her body to Kilan, whose face was more of her type than Jet. It was not until her stomach quickly extended and eggs started to pop out did she start to regret offering herself to a vampire she had not understood the extent of his cruelty at all!

"You fucking monster," Jet cursed in disgust.

"Monster? Not at all." Kilan walked to the newly laid eggs and cut his palm to let his blood drip into the eggs, which greedily absorbed their father's blood. The more they absorb, the larger they become. "I will be the first vampire that approaches the path to evolution and succeeds."

"Where are the other two scientists?" Violet questioned, treating the sight of the naked Selene with an enormous stomach as invisible.

"Them? They had already left."

The two of them changed their mind halfway after agreeing to stay at the hidden lab until the danger was over. The reports of the situation outside were not favorable to their side and they rather hide somewhere where they have the confidence to protect their lives.

Unlike both of them, Kilan was not afraid and was even waiting for Jet's arrival.

"Jet, you are my strongest experiment and the only survivor that could combine with the Hellhound's DNA. Your new DNA will help us create stronger soldiers!" The more Kilan spoke, the more excited he became. "Come, test your strength against my children! I have your wife help breed plenty for you to do so-"

"There's no need to talk with a psychopath." Matt aimed and shot at Kilan, but something jumped between them and blocked the bullet.

It was a furless bat, as tall as a human but with its limbs unable to be straightened. The bullet hit the bat's wing, barely digging past the surface.

Kilan laughed. "My children are strong with very tough skin. Your bullets will not work-"

Suddenly, the bullet acted as an automatic drill and dug deeper into the wound, going as deep as it could before stopping. But that was not the end of it. The bullet detonated itself, destroying the wing and sending the bat backward with an angry screech.

"Well, at least my bullet does not go to waste, but what the fuck is that thing?" Matt grumbled. His modified bullet could detonate much stronger than this, but the strange bat was so tough that his bullet could only be less than half effective.

Kilan sighed. "Look at what you have done? The rest of my children are angry that you injured their brother." More humanoid-sized bats came out from their hiding corners and surrounded them. Their numbers were uncountable and densely packed. Matt severed in disgust just from looking at them.

These bats were very different from normal bats. They were blind but very good heat detectors and extremely bloodthirsty.

"Matt, Midas, go hide..." Jet blinked when the duo had already started running away to hide. This was not a good battle place for them, so they could only hide at a safe place and sneak attack.

Midas acted in defense while Matt was the offense, working in sync as they moved to the second floor where they could overlook the entire lab. Violet could not use her shield to cover them as they moved, because her shield could not move on itself and depended on her command.