Chapter 34 - Caught on fire

LV 34 - Caught on fire

Bryan was doing well, even more than what they had originally expected.

Wherever they went, Bryan will be their little tracker, following them happily. There were no obstacles that could stop the little cub, not even the rose bushes with sharp thorns. Not long after, the cub started to think it was a game. After they went around the floors for a long time, Violet finally stopped their hide-and-seek session. "You will join the baby outside."

Violet found it pointless to continue walking around. Their purpose was to test if Bryan could really find Jet and they had finished testing it with Bryan passing it with flying colors. The way Bryan was able to locate Jet does not matter for now.

With a nod of agreement, Jet pushed his body against the back of her legs lightly. He wanted her to go with him.

"I'm not going." Violet was not interested in running and rolling around the dirty ground filled with the scent of animals.

Seeing Jet's drooping ears, Violet paused and surprisingly found herself willing to lower her standards. "I will be looking from the window." That perked up the black hellhound somewhat.

True to her words, she went to her bedroom and gazed out of the window in the darkroom. It was two a.m. and the round moon was shining brightly and beautifully. The vampire Violet does not admire the full moon like other shapeshifters. But that does not mean she does not feel sentimental towards the moon that had always accompanied her whenever she woke up every night ever since her diet changed.

Unlike the other shapeshifters that had run around the forest, howling, and roughhousing with each other, in comparison, the two hellhounds were like the good kids in the class. Although Bryan was excited, he only expressed it to his father, grinding and rubbing his small furry head against the much larger black hellhound.

Violet belatedly realized she had not hugged Bryan in his hellhound form and wondered how it would feel. While she was considering whether it would be worth it to step out of her mansion, risking her clean dress to join the father and son, there was something unusual happening below her window.

Perhaps this was the first time for the hellhound Jet with his mind intact and paying attention to Bryan, the little cub was overly excited, letting out cute little barks. Suddenly, in the middle of his barking, something hot burst out of his mouth.

The bushes right under Violet's window immediately caught on fire.

Actually, the fire that burst out from Bryan's mouth was heading straight to Jet, whose mind panicked and it triggered something in him. Jet parted his mouth and a similar, but larger fire shot towards the incoming fire heading towards him.

Jet had created a bigger fire than his son's, which helped in smoldering the fire. But Jet's fire had not extinguished and headed straight to the bushes of violets that Milo had carefully planted under Violet's window.

It was fortunate that Milo was not around and mostly driven by his animal instinct that the Hellhounds were not in trouble over destroying the flower bushes.

However, they still need to do something to put out the spreading fire!

Jet quickly padded over and used his paws to extinguish the fire, at the same time howling up at Violet that was watching. But she indifferently watched on as the fire destroyed the plants as if it was not her concern.

Unfortunately, Jet's action had Bryan further misunderstood and shot another fire at the bushes, completely destroying the flowers. With no other choice, Jet gave up on saving the flowers.