Chapter 25 - Violet's grandnephew

LV 25 - Violet's grandnephew

"Full moon is in two days. Want to run with us?"

The sudden change of subject took a long while for Jet to digest. "Full moon? Right, I nearly forgot."

"Forgot?" Milo arched an eyebrow at him, clearly not believing him. As a werewolf, two to three days before the full moon will have him in jitters and adrenaline rush.

They will feel the urge to run freely in their beast form and follow their instincts.

That was the same for Jet, but his emotions were darker and wilder, with the urge to hunt and kill. However, for the first time since he became a monster, Jet does not feel it, and only by concentrating could he feel that dark desire was laid deep in him as if it was submerged in water. The usual scream that was full of craving was diluted, giving Jet some peace from it. That was why he thought the full moon was not anytime soon.

"Your cage is in the basement," Milo added.

"It was brought along?" Jet was surprised.

"Violet's decision." The ones that brought it back were confused about what to do with it since Violet had not mentioned it again, so they just placed it in the basement until she asked for it. "Do you have difficulty controlling your beast?"

"Yeah. I don't remember much during the full moon." And woke up naked and bloody if he had not locked himself in the cage.

"Just like other cubs."

Jet wanted to say his transformation was even more violent than werewolves when his nose caught an unfamiliar scent of a werewolf coming towards them.

Sounds of leaves rustling had Milo turned in that direction. "Oh, the grandnephew is here."

The first thing that caught Jet's eyes was a pair of shiny black pilot shoes. Then it was the matching black slacks and a white business shirt to complete the elite of the society's look.

This man was tall and filled with raw power that could not be contained in his slender frame. His eyes were not a human's, but a werewolf's, whose golden color matched his golden dark brown hair. Jet heard that werewolves in human form could reveal their wolf's characteristics if they were emotionally unstable, but this man does not seem to be out of control at all.

"What a powerful grandnephew you have," Jet praised Milo.

"Correction. Violet's grandnephew."

"...What?" There were clearly no similarities between the two that Jet could spot. But he could not say the same between Milo and this man.

"Good afternoon, Milo." Violet's grandnephew greeted politely with his deep, hoarse voice similar to a werewolf's low growling.

"Looking good," Milo praised. "Oliver, this is Jet, Violet's guest. Jet, Violet's grandnephew, Oliver."

"Nice to meet you," Jet greeted, finding it a little funny that Oliver immediately looked as if he had eaten a sour candy as soon as he heard his name.

"My grandaunt must have liked you to offer you shelter regardless of the danger." Oliver frowned as he eyed the purple snake tattoo on his neck.

"Oh no. This kiddo is the one she gave shelter to. I'm a by-product and undetachable from this cutie, so she had to bring me along." Jet clarified and rubbed his son's plump cheeks, as well as using that moment to take the rose away before he started chewing it.

Bryan pouted unhappily, wanting to take his new toy back and Jet adjusted his position so that his son will be facing Oliver, successfully distracting him.