Chapter 47 - Take over New Society

LV 47 - Take over New Society

"That was the last of the DNA."

The female seated opposite Milo was the innocent beauty type, her soft honey-colored curls and green eyes resembled an angel visiting the earth. Her skin was unnaturally pale just like any other vampire, but she added a light blush on her cheeks to make herself look more human.

It was her angelic looks that had Septimus hooked onto her and even turned her into a vampire to keep her by his side. Miss Purity managed to repel Septimus' smooth advances for more than fifty years but was not shy to make use of the willing Septimus to do her bidding.

It was a rare case of the victim taking control of the relationship. It was also easier for the victim when the predator willingly clipped his claws for his prey.

After Violet's group had cleared out the old HQ of the New Society, Miss Purity immediately swooped into the defenseless fortress and took over the ownership. The building was completely demolished overnight and a new building will be rebuilt over it.

As for the old directors that still stubbornly stick to their traditional ways, Miss Purity had cleaned them up, leaving behind one of them that surrendered himself to stay alive. To her, talent will always appear from new generations, just like her. Even if they were experienced that came with age and talented, without desire to change to keep up with time, they would be a hindrance.

"Violet wants to know if you will keep your word," Milo passed on the message.

"The information you gave me is more than enough for my lifetime promise not to touch Jet Muse and his descendants."

Miss Purity was not a saint herself and had permitted questionable experiments to commence. But at least she has a higher bottom line than Kilan and would not indulge herself in power, greed, and curiosity.

She was able to reach her current standing thanks to her self-control and clear mind.

"Under my supervision, there will never be another Jet Muse. I give you my word," Miss Purity promised.

Kilan and the other scientist could commence such an experiment because of the backing of the other directors that she had already forcefully removed.

The New Society will continue their operations, but in a more ethical path if they want to gather more support from the public. Unfortunately, the news of Jet Muse's forced experimentation had reached many powerful parties' ears, which was rather troublesome for Miss Purity to settle.

The only redeeming fact was Miss Purity had not known of the Hellhound DNA experiment, thanks to Kilan's possessive nature. Even so, she had to personally clean up other people's mess. Her actions had scored her a few brownie points from the public and made it easier for her to take over New Society.

"Good to know."

Miss Purity gazed at Milo, who was drinking his cup of black coffee. "Will you follow me?"

"My answer remains the same." Milo does not need to think twice before answering.

Milo and Miss Purity had known each other for many years ago when he was already working for Violet in Votum Country.

The young Miss Purity, like any other ambitious woman, wanted the best for herself, including her bodyguard. She had heard of Milo's legend and rather forwardly visited him at Violet's mansion.

Without a shred of shame for invading other people's territory without making an appointment, she exchanged the necessary pleasantries with Violet before having all her attention go to Milo. Right in front of his current employer, Miss Purity tried to rope him to her side.