Chapter 30 - But rules are rules

LV 30 - But rules are rules

Instead of going to the garden, Milo brought them to an empty room with bare amounts of furniture. Bryan wanted to be let down, but Jet did not let him since he was unsure if the room was safe or not. He had not forgotten how his son had done a disappearing act when the door was closed.

Milo tapped his mobile screen as he lazily said, "The report of that thing inside you is out. As expected, it's a tracking device with special functions. It detects whether you are still alive or not, and keeps an eye on your body's information. Live feedback."

They were still treating Jet as their experiment, except that their experiment was now free to roam around for wider field experiments.

"Now that the tracking device is removed, won't it be best for us to hide at some other place where it will be safer?" Jet questioned. If it was live feedback, New Society will surely know their spying device was caught and removed.

"That's only if they dare to attack." Milo's hand went to his pocket, but after seeing Bryan, he pulled his hand away from the cigarette pack. Ah, he was still feeling tired from the wild party last night.

"Are they that afraid of Violet?"

"Violet is plenty terrifying, but what they are really afraid of is the Snake Clan's influence that is backing Violet." Vampires themselves have their own rules and regulations, and no matter how much power New Society gains, they will still need to bow before the great vampire clans.

Brainwashing and turning Violet's existing staff into a ghoul was not considered as openly attacked by the New Society, who could push any responsibility of doing so to someone else.

"Violet... does not seem to have a good relationship with the clan." Jet looked at Milo with probing eyes.

Milo let out a long sigh and rubbed his head. He really wanted a cigarette. "Let me hold Bryan."

"What? Why all of a sudden?" Jet asked, but still passed Bryan into Milo's arms. It showed just how much trust Milo gained from Jet.

Bryan did not shy away from Milo and played with his cowboy hat. In return, Milo practically treated Bryan as his own hand pillow, hugging the small warm body.

"You are using my son as your stress release?" Jet stared in disbelief.

"Can't be choosy." Milo squeezed Bryan's soft, fleshy leg. "Not bad. No wonder Violet likes this one."

"Stop sounding as if my son is a piece of meat for you to choose." Jet would have snatched his son back if Milo had not started talking.

"Violet killed Boa's favorite. Then Boa killed Violet's lover. That's how their relationship turned sour."

Since Violet gave Jet permission to ask Milo about her past, Milo will not hide what he knew. There were some things that one does not wish to speak about but does not mind others telling it on their behalf.

"It's for a good reason?" From what he had seen in Violet's memories, she had not done anything drastic without reason, especially not when it comes to the matters of killing. Surprisingly, Violet has strong control over her hunger, even when she was a newborn vampire.

Milo was a bit surprised that there was only trust towards Violet shown clearly in Jet's deep blue eyes. "Violet killed a crazy vampire that goes around turning humans into vampires. Many of them died, unable to survive the turning."

It was a big issue then and many elders voted to remove Delia, the crazy vampire. Because of her actions, humans started to pay attention to them, which was not what they wanted. But Boa does not have the heart to kill her, which delayed the punishment and increased the number of dead humans and suicidal newborn vampires.