Chapter 42 - The beauty with brains

LV 42 - The beauty with brains

"Your request is rather difficult to fulfill." Septimus' tone was rather regretful, but his eyes were cold and unyielding that spoke otherwise.

The three scientists that Violet wanted dead were a part of the pillar that led the New Society organization to their current achievement. Killing them was equal to the act of destroying a central part of the organization, hindering their growth, and wasting their centuries of effort.

"We are not humans with limited time." Violet could understand what Septimus was thinking.

If Violet could get pregnant thanks to the New Society, she might have considered the decision to demolish the New Society. But they could not do that, and in addition to Violet disliking most of the modern technology, New Society does not have much value to her.

Her mate has the desire to avenge himself and she also had to be concerned about Jet and Bryan's safety. As long as Violet did not kill all scientists, she does not believe the New Society will not revive again.

Septimus's smile widened until his fangs could be seen. "Can you afford the anger directed to you by your foolishness?"

"The issue of the New Society sending illegal vampires to my land, murdering my servant, and attempting to kidnap my mate... do I seem like a doormat just because I had not involved myself with vampire politics recently?"

Septimus nearly flinched when Violet unleashed her killing intent, directing them all onto him. He could not believe that a mere vampire past four centuries could make him feel threatened. Currently, only the head of the other top ten clans would make him wary of their strength, but for Violet, who had not long ago branched out from the Snake clan could evoke such a response from him?

Violet had been hiding her strength and being low-key!

"Septimus of the Swan Clan. You have nothing to lose here if you step aside. Unless one of the scientists is your kin?" Violet inquired coldly, the wisp of her baby hair fluttered along with the night wind.

Septimus managed to not step back from her increasingly suffocating pressure. "... Not at all. I'm just here, representing the majority of vampires that are proud of the New Society's achievement, to change your mind."

"Could it be..." Violet eyed Septimus with a piercing gaze. "You are actually one of those that agree to be experimented on for the sake of the younger generations?"

Septimus' smile was the same but his eyes were a degree colder. "Surely you jest, Violet. How could I agree to such an immoral deed? I'm a pure, unmodified vampire, and proud of my beauty."

"Then step aside or the Hawk and Snake clan will take it that the Swan clan wish to be our enemy."

"How arrogant!" Septimus narrowed his eyes, but her beauty truly makes one forgive most of her insolence. But using the other two large clans to throw her weight around was taking things too far! He unleashed his own strength and used it to push back Violet's pressure, scattering it away.

"You may not know, but the Hawk clan was angered when the New Society used their name to commit crimes in my domain," Violet dropped a piece of unimportant news, but if used well, it will be a large issue.

Septimus indeed had not known of it. "That happened?"

"There is no need for me to tell lies," Violet said indifferently. With her current strength and help by her side, they have a high possibility of taking down Septimus, who dared to come to them without bringing any help along.

That was how much Septimus looked down on their strength. However, he indeed has the strength to assume so if Violet had not mated with Jet, the power booster.