Chapter 4 - Jet Muse

LV 4 - Jet Muse

Inside a pitch-black room, Violet stirred from her deep slumber, interrupted by the loud noise above her. For her to be able to wake up, it must be near sunset. Her body feels heavy and her vampire senses told her it was still two hours away from sunset.

Her bedroom door was smashed open and Angie, her human maid, was trying to keep someone calm. It was that baby's father that caused the ruckus, urgently searching for her and his son.

Violet spread out her senses and searched for Henry. He was still sleeping, dead to the world for the next hour. She was not surprised, for she was the strongest vampire in this land and naturally would be the first to wake up. The stronger the vampire, the weaker the hold of the sun would be.

"Where is she?" The father of the baby growled angrily, like a wild, protective beast.

Every vampire would be hungry when they woke up, and Violet was no exception. She could hear his heartbeat and the flow of blood in his veins. His anger made his blood boil and she licked her lips hungrily.

Blood only tastes best when they were angry or aroused. Fear does not make their blood warm, but cold and bitter.

"Please sir, our Mistress is unavailable for now. I will inform you once she is able to receive you," Angie said desperately. Her nervousness had her glanced at Violet's hiding place subconsciously and stood to block the path.

Unlike most human servants that served vampires, Angie wholeheartedly liked her Mistress. Her Mistress does not treat her like trash like other vampires do. Her Mistress was fair and would serve out punishment when they deserve it.

"She had my son!" He yelled in fury.

His yelling had strangely awakened the baby beside her, who started to cry. His father must have heard him crying because his heavy footsteps were heading right to her hiding place's entrance.

By now, Violet was sure that this man was not a human and his trait was inherited by the baby as well. Her hiding place was built with thick walls where humans would not be able to hear any sound at the other side of the thick wall.

Violet propped her head up with a palm, right above the crying baby. She stared at the entrance, waiting for that man to make his way in.

A loud creak could be heard before another loud bang echoed, much closer to her hiding place. He has found the opening.

Jet followed his son's cries, which were coming from inside the large built-in closet. Shoving the clothes aside, he walked in until he reached the end of it. He rapped the wall and felt it was empty inside.

Without looking for any mechanism to move the wall away, he clenched his fist and gathered all his strength to it.

"What are you about to do!" Angie called out in shock. "Please do not damage my Mistress' property!"

"Open the path or I will break it down," Jet threatened. He had never smashed a wall before but he would do anything to get to his son. That vampire might have drunk his blood already!

"Please wait until Mistress steps out. She is still sleeping," Angie insisted.

"My son is down there, terrified. Don't you hear he's crying? Your Mistress is doing something that terrified my son!"

Since this girl would not open the path, Jet continued with his plan and sent out a powerful punch at the wall. The wall trembled but remained intact. Angie gasped in disbelief at his fist that was visibly uninjured. He prepared to send another punch when the wall moved, lifted upwards until it revealed a dark pathway.