Chapter 21

Before I start I want to say that I am SO sorry. My schedule has been hectic and I feel so bad🙈
___________________________
Tris POV: I wake up and look at the clock. It's 3 in the morning. I kiss Tobias's cheek and get up for a drink. I walk into the kitchen and get some water and go to sit down on the couch. I sit down and I notice the door is open. We closed it last night. Oh my god. I get up and run to the bed room.

"Tobias. Wake up." I say shaking him.

"But Trissy." He whines and puts him face in the covers.

"The door is open." I say and he shoots up. He throws all the covers off of him and jumps up.

"Go check Makayla's room. Make sure she's there." He says and I sprint up the stairs. I throw open the door as search everywhere. She's not in here. I sprint back down the stairs and find Tobias in the living room pacing back and forth.

"She not in there." I say. A sob racks my body and throws me on my knees.

I've lost my daughter.
Makayla POV:

Kayla!

Kayla!

Wake up!

It's Dilly! I sit up in my bed and smile.

Hi Dilly!

Put on your shoes and come outside your door!

Okay!

I jump off my bed and slip on my shoes. I go quietly down the stairs so I don't wake up mommy and daddy. I want them to sleep good. I open up the door and Dylan is standing there.

"Hi Dilly!" I whisper.

"Hi!" He whispers back and takes my hand. "Let's go play!"

"Okay!" I whisper and we start walking away. We walk to the pit and grab a plate and some cake.

"Mmmm. It's so gooooood." Dylan says with his mouth full of food.

"Let's play spies!" I say. We say low to the ground and move fast.

"I'm gonna be like Peter Pan!" He says.

"Who's Peter Pan?" I ask.

"Peter Pan is a boy from Neverland. He'll never grow up and he can fly!" He says and spins around.

"Cool!" I say

"I am Peter Pan, I'll never be a man! If you never wanna grow up, take my hand. I'll take you to Neverland!" He sings. All of a sudden we hear alarms go off. "It's the bad guys Makayla! We have to hide!"

We run and find a really small space that we can both fit into.

"We gotta be quiet!" I whisper. Tons of soldiers storm the halls.

"Makayla! Please come out!" Someone says.

"Makayla! Please!" Another person shouts. Was that mommy?

"Mommy?" I say an step out of hiding.

All of a sudden I see two figures start running towards me.

"Makayla!" My daddy screams. Daddy reaches me first and throws me into his arms. He squeezes really tight. "Don't do that ever again. You hear me?" He says with anger rising in his face. His hands on my hips squeeze harder than before and it hurts.

I whimper and start to cry. Daddy's face softens and hands me to mommy.

"I- Im gonna go home." He says looking down and walking away.

"Daddy?" I ask. He stops but doesn't turn around. He starts walking again. Daddy doesn't like me anymore.

"Baby don't ever do that again. Okay?" Mommy says looking me in the eyes.

"Okay mommy. I won't." I say looking her in the eyes.

"Is Dylan with you?" My mommy asks.

"Yes. Dylan! Come out!" I say and he comes out smiling.

"Well let's take Dylan home and bring you back home." My mommy says. We bring Dylan back home and mommy carries me home.

Tobias POV:

"Daddy?" Makayla says. I stop. Should I turn around? No. I can't hurt her again.

I continue walking home and shut the door behind me. I go to my room sit on the bed. I'm still in my plaid pajama pants without a shirt. I put my head in my hands.

How could I hurt her?

I'm just like him.

I can't touch her again.

I love her too much to hurt her.

I'm a monster.

A single tear runs down my cheek. What have I done. I hear the door open. I wipe away the tear and sit up. Tris walks through the door. She comes and sits in my lap.

"Are you okay?" She asks stroking my cheek with her thumb.

"I-I don't know. I hurt her Tris. Did you see the way I yelled at her. She cried. I-I just can't be a monster like him. she probably hates me." I whisper tears coming to my eyes.

"Tobias. Makayla loves you. She thinks that you hate her." Makayla thinks I hate her? I will always love her. "I'm gonna go get her. Okay?" I nod.

Tris walks out of the room and bring Makayla back and she's curled up in a ball with her hands on her face.

"He hates me mommy! He don't love me anymore!" She cries. My heart snaps. Tris lies her down on my lap and she's still sobbing. Tris smiles and walks out of the room shutting the door behind her.

"Daddy. Why don't you love me anymore? What did I do?" She whispers.

"Baby girl, I love you. You didn't do anything. You just ran away and I got really worried." I say and her head pops up.

"Really?" She whispers an I nod.

"Really." I say and she throws her arms around my neck.

"I love you daddy! I'll never do it again!" She says. I wrap my arms around her and put my face in her hair.

"I love you too baby girl."
___________________________
I'm such a bad owner, im so sorry🙈