Chapter 16

___________________________
Tobias POV: Today we get to take Makayla home. I'm so excited. She's such a good baby. She's only cried twice in the last two days.

I packed everything up and Tris is on the bathroom changing. I'm holding baby Makayla in my arms and she looks up at me with her beautiful eyes. I smile and she lets out a cute baby giggle.

I look over and see that Tris was taking a picture.

" Could I see it?" I ask her and she walks over. In the picture I'm smiling and she's looking up at me. Its perfect. I smile and hand Makayla to Tris. I grab all the bags and we take one last look at the room.

My first baby was born here. Hopefully my other will too. I grab Tris's hand and we go home. When we get there, I put our bags down and grab Makayla from Tris so she put the stuff away.

I sit on the couch with Makayla and a bottle to feed her. She's halfway through the bottle when there's a knock on the door. I stand up carefully with Makayla because she's still eating. I walk to the door and open it up.

Christina is standing there with the group and is smiling. She has about 10 more bags in her hands.

" Auntie Christina brought more gifts!" She says and I smile.

" Come on in guys. You can sit on the couch I'm gonna get Tris." I say and they all sit down on the couch. I carefully hand Makayla to Christina and she squeals. I walk into our room and find Tris on the bed looking at a picture.

" I wish you were her" she whispers and a tear runs down her face and onto the picture. " I'm married now. I have a child. Its hard without you." She says and her tears turn into sobs. I sit down on the bed with her and wrap her in my arms. Its a picture of her parents. She nuzzles into my chest and I put my face in her hair.

" I'm sorry, but we have to get up. The groups here." I say and she nods. We both stand up and walk to the living room. Christina is staring at Makayla like she's a diamond necklace.

" Will I want a baby." She says and looks at Will. He looks horrified.

" Please don't tell me all girls have hormones." He says and looks at me. I nod and he puts his hands to his head.

Christina hands Makayla back to me and I smile. Tris and I sit down on the couch and I hand her to Tris.

" Time to open Christina's presents!" Christina squeals. I grab the gifts and Christina got us one of those baby things you strap to your stomach and the baby sits in it. She got Makayla a stuffed elephant and a ton of clothes.

" Thank you Christina" i say and she smiles.

" I have to sugar her up when she's young." She says and we laugh. The group goes home at about 7 pm and Makayla yawns.

" We'll someone's tired" i say and she yawns again. I carry her to her crib and lay her down. " Good night Makayla "

I close the door and walk into my room. Tris and I change into pajamas and and lay down in bed.

" I love being a mom Tobias" she says and grabs my hands.

" I love being a dad" i say and she smiles.

" I love you" she says and falls asleep. I wrap her in my arms and kiss her head.
___________________________
I wake up in the middle of the night to the baby moniter. Makayla crying. I see Tris getting up but I pull her down.

" I got it" i say and she smiles. I walk yo Makayla's room and pick her up. She won't stop crying and I find myself singing.

" Sleep, baby , sleep.
Your father tends the sheep.
Your mother shakes the dreamland tree.
And from it fall sweet dreams for thee
Sleep, baby. Sleep
Sleep, baby, sleep." I sing and she falls asleep. Where did I know that song from?

It was my mother. I put her in bed and kiss her forehead.

" Good night sunshine" i say and turn around. Tris is standing in the doorway.

" Did you hear all that?" I say and she nods and smiles. We walk back into our room and fall asleep.