Not Broken (Part 2)

BTR Imagine 21: Not Broken (Part 2)

Imagine

I would never thought that I would be dating Logan, one of my bestest, sweetest friends in the entire world. Honestly I never thought I would be dating anyone after the disaster of a break up with my ex.

I never thought I would be able to find love or be loved again by anyone. I was doubtful. Very doubtful. If I couldn't make it work with my ex, then it was never going to work out for me.

He tore my heart into a million pieces and never looked back. I was no longer in his mind. I struggled to get out of bed. I barely ate or slept. I would cry myself to sleep. The things that once brought me joy no longer did the trick.

But then he sang me that song. That song that came out of his beautiful mouth. He meant every word. I spent the whole night thinking about that song. It never left my mind.

It left me confused. I wasn't over my ex. But for the first time I felt something other than sadness in my heart. It didn't hurt as bad.

I didn't want to start anything with Logan because it would be unfair to him. I wanted to be sure what I felt for him was true. He said he would wait until I was ready to be with him.

He would wait until I was ready.

I don't know when I'll be ready. If I was ever going to be ready. I doubt it.

Almost every day Logan would send me goofy memes and gifs in hopes to cheer me up. He would come over with pizza, wings, and a Disney movie. Most of the time I would end up crying into his chest the first month.

Once I made it a month without crying, Logan started with small outings. Quick trips to Starbucks. Drive thru runs. Things like that.

Soon enough summer came and went. Logan planned day trips to the beach, picnics in the park. He even gotten tickets to Busch Gardens.

One day when we were in the backyard of my parents house, a bonfire was going before us. I stared into the fire mindlessly. So many different thoughts racing in my head.

"What are you thinking about?" Logan asked, his head turned towards me.

"Nothing." I said, unable to meet his cast.

"I don't believe that. You know you can tell me." He said. He grabbed my hand. The hairs on my arm stood on point. My heart started to beat faster.

"Can you sing me that song again?" I asked.

He let out a small laugh, "Sure."

He sang the song, this time without his guitar. It sounds just as beautiful without guitar as with it. His lovely voice really complimented the song.

"I can't stop thinking about that song." I admitted.

Logan smiled at me, "Well I'm glad you like it so much."

Our hangouts didn't stop as the seasons shifted into fall. My feelings for Logan didn't stop growing in my heart. I was developing feelings for him.

Then one day I texted Logan to come over. Today was the day. I was ready to begin things with Logan. I was ready. I did my make up and my hair. I didn't know what I was going to say, but I had to do something. I had to make my move.

When he busted through the door, I walked over to him and kissed him. He was surprised at first. But I melted into his arms as our kiss deepened. This felt right.

Our first date was nothing less than perfect, at least for me. Logan planned for us to go apple picking and a late lunch.

I opted for my olive green jean jacket, a fitted white shirt tucked into my super black skinny jeans, and black running shoes