I Said Yes

BTR Imagine 9: I Said Yes

Imagine.

It was the day of our 2 year anniversary. James said he had the day planned out. First it was a single rose at the edge of my bed. Underneath it was note.

Hello there my love. Shower up. Lexi will be coming by soon to pick you up. She will be your guide for the rest of the day
-James xoxo

I did what the note said. I hopped in the shower and got ready. I went with a floral print short, a solid blue t-shirt, and a pair of black vans. Five minutes later, Lexi was outside my house.

I got into her car and we headed to get some lunch. We went to our favorite place for lunch. Once we got sat, our server came over with another rose and note card.

Order whatever you want. Your meal already has been paid in full. Can't wait to see you.
-James xoxo

I put down the card, "Do you have any idea what's going on?" I asked Lexi.

"No idea. Not a single clue." she said. She repressed a smile, which I knew she was hiding something.

After lunch, Lexi took me to get my nails done. She helped me pick out this subtle shade of blue. She chose a neon shade of purple for herself. I'm glad we getting it done. My hands and toes look like a mess.

Once are nails were neat and polished, we went to Lexi's house. We walked into her room, where a solid, knee-length dress, a gold pendent necklace, and tan flats were laid across her bed. Next to the outfit was the final rose and note.

Lexi will help you with your hair and make-up. Then she will take you to your final destination. I'll be waiting love.
-James xoxo

I slipped on the dress and shoes. Lexi lightly touched up my face with make up. She styled my hair to where the tips of my hair curled. Then she drove me to the final stop.

The last stop was back at my house. I still didn't completely understand, but I hope it was good. Lexi wished me luck as I got out of her car. I slowly made my way to the door and stepped inside.

Inside was like a dream. The room was dark, with the exception of lit candles. Rose peddles were in the shape of a heart. Wanted by Hunter Hayes played softly in the background.

"James, what is all this?" I asked as I walked towards him.

"This is something I've been meaning to do for months now." James said, putting his hands on my waist. "I've been in love with you from the moment I met you. You've been my greatest supporter through everything. You helped me during my trials. Just the thought of your name puts a smile on my face. When I'm singing, I only think of you. I couldn't think of anyone else I want to spend the rest of my life with."

Then he dropped to one knee, pulled out a small black box, opened it, and said, "Will you marry me?"

"Yes, yes, a million times yes!" I said. He got up and wrapped his strong arms around me. He pressed his lips against mine. I couldn't be happier.