Zeal

(I would like to thank The Interviner for coming up with the idea about Z.E.A.L. and how Yuki has affected the hero society because of his outburst at the plaza. Thank you so much man.

Anyway, synopsis of this chapter since it's kind of confusing.

The aftermath of the federal facility occurs, Yuki is given a proposition, he continues to deny he's a villain, and his mental state continues to deteriorate as he ponders on the options he was given.)

Dr. Kurutta was currently in the middle of welding some metal together with a welder while he wore a mask. At that moment, a rod tapped his shoulder, prompting him to turn around. There, he saw Yuki standing behind him with the enhanced control rods he was sent after.

"Ah. Yuchi. I didn't hear you come in." Dr. Kurutta says.

"I took the back way." Yuki replies sarcastically.

"So," Dr. Kurutta says as he removes his welding mask. "I assume the heist went all."

"There were some complications." Yuki replies.

Dr. Kurutta caressed the rods next to him. "Like how?" he asks.

"You know the Deadly Trio?"

"The famous team of mercenaries who have been said to have never been defeated by a single soul out there in the world?"

"Their leader is dead." Yuki bluntly says.

Dr. Kurutta gave a surprised frown. "Oh." he says. "How'd he die?"

"He came up from behind me and I panicked and I… I sliced his chest." Yuki says in a traumatized tone.

"Oh, you poor thing." Dr. Kurutta said in a feigned sympathetic tone. "It's never easy getting over your first kill. I know I wasn't. The first life I took was of a homeless man as I used an experiment on him and, well, let's just say I'm not really allowed in China anymore."

"It wasn't my first kill." Yuki reveals.

"Of course it wasn't." Dr. Kurutta says. "Your first kill was in Horikoshi Plaza."

Yuki looked up, having a surprised expression on his face. "What?" he asks.

"Didn't you hear?" Dr. Kurutta asks. "They say you killed over a hundred civilians during the attack! What a great start to a villain career if you ask me."

"I'm- I'm not a villain." Yuki stutters.

"Oooh, yes you are. The city declared you a villain and are out to get you. Not only that, but you stole some enhanced control rods from a government facility-"

"To return myself back to normal!" Yuki angrily interjected. "You said that the chamber couldn't be rebuilt without the control rods so I did what I had to do just so I can return back to normal!"

Dr. Kurutta got up close to Yuki's face. "Why do you want to return to normal?" he asks.

"Because I'm scared!" Yuki shouts as his voice cracked. "I don't know what's going on with me. I mean, I do, but I don't understand why I got them. I have all these abilities, I'm the last one alive in my family. I have no other relatives. It's all too much for me to comprehend, Dr. Kurutta! It's only been a few days but I still feel so overwhelmed! I'm still treated like I was back when I was Quirkless, except now I'm getting the attention I wanted in a negative light! I'm a somebody now but that somebody is a villain! I don't want to be a villain! I don't want to be called a villain… I just want everything to return to normal."

"'Fear of the unknown and the other is the root of almost all hate. It is born of ignorance and fed by those who would keep us divided.' Tinnekke Bebout." Dr. Kurutta quotes.