Happier.

"What?" I screamed into my phone while covering one ear to hear better.

Me and the girls are at the mall shopping our lives away like always till I got a call from Mike saying Kate had went into labor,

At first I thought he was joking because it's a month early but you could hear the doctor in the back screaming and yelling.

"I'll be there soon" I said hanging up "Kate went into labor" I explained to the girls.

"What? It's a month early" summer said picking up her bags "that's what I said"

At hospital-

"Where's grey?" I asked walking up to Mike.

"In there with kate" he responds putting his phone away.

I wanted to go and there but knowing Kate she wouldn't let me, i wonder how grey is doing? This has to be terrible for him.

"Hey, he'll be ok trust me"

I showed a smile before brushing my hair out my face trying to tone out the screams coming from kates room.

Finally they stopped, it felt like time stopped the snow outside had froze along with time, only a baby crying brung be back into reality.

The door opened before grey came storming out Kate yelling for him to come back.

He didn't look at anyone as he walked outside with balled fist.

"It's not his" summer gasped.

I wanted to scream with joy thank the gods that it wasn't grey's baby, but I couldn't over the past few months you could tell grey got really attached to that baby.

His way of showing it was taking good care of Kate, whatever happened to Kate happened to the baby.

But somehow he still made time for me, once me and Kate even stayed in the same room.

At first I hated it but seeing grey's face every time he looked at kates stomach, especially when she stared to show, was all worth it.

Without thinking I ran outside catching up with grey stopping him by grabbing his arm.

"Grey! What's wrong?" I asked feeling stupid for asking the obvious question.

He looked down at me with an expressionless face, I waited for him to speak not wanting to push him any further.

"It's not mine" he mumbled pulling me into his chest.

I hugged him back not knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry, I can't Image how your feeling right now"

He stayed silent his body relaxing a little letting me know what I'm saying is working.

"I know you loved kates baby, what she did wasn't ok."

"I still love them"

"Than let's take them home, keep them as our baby" I know this is a push and I didn't want this baby to begin with, but seeing grey like this kills me.

He put his hand on my head before slowly rubbing my hair with a smile "I can't do that to you, that would be selfish"

"But-

"I'll find him a good home with a good family, he'll be better there"

I nodded my head before putting my head back on his chest "let's go home" he mumbled rubbing my back.

"Yea, I need my bag first but I'll meet you in the car"

He nodded his head before we separated, that was a lie I don't have a bag, but all the fucked up things Kate has done to me, to grey!

She deserves some shit done to her.

As I approach kates room I hear sniffing and crying making my head start to hurt.

"Stop crying" I say standing in front of the door

"Serenity! Talk to grey for me! Please!"

"Shut up, talk to him about what? It's not his baby!"

"Serenity-

"Every night he got up and rubbed your back, held your hair when you were throwing up! Fed you, clothed you, kissed your stomach! Read that baby a story!"

I screamed walking up to her bed side.

"It was all for nothing! You whore. You lied to him! Used him! Your a freak!" She sat there froze at my words.

"But that not what I came here for"

Just than a nurse walked in which gave me time to get my demands in order"you'll sign that baby over to Forster care, me and grey will find a good, healthy home for him"

"No it's my baby!"

"Like you give a shit! Your a drug addict, a whore and not stable enough to take care of a child!"

"Shut up! And what if I don't! What if I don't sign your stupid papers!" She screamed pulling at her hair.

"Then I'll get the law involved and with your history we both know who will win this battle."

I backed up from her heading back towards the door.

"The papers will be here tomorrow, don't make this harder than it has to be"

I walked out the room to see grey leaning on the car staring at the sky "it's almost Christmas time"

"Yep, and I have the perfect gift for you!"

He smirked down at me before connecting our lips than pulling back allowing me to get into the car.

House-

Grey went upstairs leaving me behind, I decided to make him his favorite to lighten the mood a little.

Once I finished cooking I headed up stairs with grey's food, he wasn't in his room or office so I went the place he spent most his time in the past.

"Grey?" I said knocking on the door to kates baby nursery.

"I'm right here" he mumbled making me turn my head to see him sitting down in the rocking chair.

I walk over to him before sitting on his lap placing the food on the night stand on the side of me.

"You ok?"

"Yea"

I wrapped my arms around his neck putting the side of my face on the top of his head "I'm sorry"

He chuckled before wrapping his arms around my waist "it's alright, I'll get over it"

"I love you ok"

"I love you too"