Chapter 2 - Pampering

As Loki exits the house, seeing a white dome surrounding the platform; You were tending your animals. Feeding, petting and whatsoever.

Without you knowing, Loki slipped away from your sight and to the edge of the dome. His hand reaching for it, once it touches his skin; white surrounded him as his hand starts going numb.

Your eyes glew white at the sudden energy, seeing the God by the edge of the dome.

You ran to him, taking him away from the dome as his whole arm contained your white magic. Did he not listen when you said he was gonna die?

"What are you doing?" You asked, slightly angry as he looked at you innocently. Taking his non-injured arm, you took him by the farm. Letting him lean on the wall.

Why is she so worried? Why was she so desperate to help him? Why did she look at him with such great concern that melted his heart? Loki thought of these questions constantly.

"You're thinking so loud, stop," You said, your brows furrowed with annoyance as your hand tries to fix her spell.

"Sorry," Loki said, dryly as he looked away from her eyes. Averting his gaze to the field with a large hole in the middle, his body suddenly jumping at the sudden contact.

"Stop wriggling," She commands, holding me still by holding my shoulder. Her other hand keeping contact with my burning skin. "Why must you be so arrogant?"

He ignores her question, instead looking at her deep in her eyes. Watching as it glows white, mixing with e/c graciously. It was a beautiful view for him.

You let him stare, even if it was slightly uncomfortable. Hearing every thought in his head as your hand kept contact with his arm, your hand going up and down as it becomes his regular skin color.

"Hey, we're done here," You said, standing up and lending him a hand. "Let me make you some food, hm?"

Loki takes her hand, his other arm still numb; hating the way he felt weak. But loving the feeling of bring comforted and pampered, genuinely.

You leave him by the couch, bringing him some books, tea with pillows and a blanket. Making him feel comfortable in your home, considering he looked beat up when he came by.

Still, Loki couldn't help but wonder why you were doing this. He tried reading your mind, only to be blocked out and a smirk from you.

"Stop trying," You spoke up, adding vegetables in the broth, "It won't work, you know."

"Well, I'm not the God of giving up," Loki retorts, staring at her even if it was just the back of her head.

"I can feel you staring at me," You replied, "If you want a place to stay you should stop when I tell you to." You said.

Loki grumbles, moving to a book you set beside him. Intrigued by the plot and the characters, seeming as they were so well written.

You came back with a bowl of soup, your mouth holding the end of the spoon as each of your hands were occupied.
You sat beside him, setting the other item on the table. Taking a spoonful of soup, sending it his way.

"I'm not a child, I can eat on my own." Loki rolls his eyes, the spoon still waiting for him, he grumbles and drinks the soup.

"Yes, I know you aren't a baby; but your arm is numb," You said, taking another spoonful, "Your stupidity brought you into this." He takes the spoon again, glaring as he did.

"I'd rather call it curiosity." Loki retorts, grumbling as he angered himself for obeying your every word.

"No, it's idiocy." You roll your eyes, blowing the steam of the spoonful you took. "Addition, you like being pampered."

"No I don't." Loki replied, dropping the book to his lap.

"Yes you do, I can read your mind," She smirks, "Where do you think I got that idea?" She asks, taking the book to set it on the table.

"I don't get how you want to help me." Loki furrows his brows, his finger etching on the flesh of his palm.

"Because I need you to help me with my farm, these animals are getting more pesky by the day." You explain, the bowl almost finished.

"So that's what I am, a helper?" Loki asks.

"Why? wanna be something else?" She asks, a small smirk forming her face.

"A helper seems fine." Loki retorts.

~~