Chapter 7 ~I get attacked and someone is lost

Leo grabbed my hand and pulled me towards one of the cabin's and Conner ran off in the other direction.I heard people shouting behind me and turned my head to see the big dog thing right behind us. Then a green blur jumped in front of it halting it in its tracks. I stopped and turned to see Willow fighting it ith a small dagger.Other campers ran over and I saw them carrying swords,daggers and a mace. Willow went to stab it in its eye but it swatted at her and she flew 20 feet to the left' hit a tree and crumpled to the ground unmoving. I ran over to her as the campers gathered around the beast and killed it. I crouched down and rolled her onto her back. There was a huge scratch starting at her shoulder and going diagonally across her chest ending at her hip. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Ava, thank you for being a great friend and I'm glad I protected you." I heard the other campers gather round us and I heard them shouting to get Chironbut both me and Willow knew it was time.

"No WILLOW NO!" I screamed tears streaming down my face.She took her last breath and closed her eyes. I felt Leo place his hand on my shoulder and Conner come and squat next to me. I turned my face and sobbed into his chest. When I looked back I didn't see willows body but I saw a little willow tree. Tears were still streaming down my face as I looked up in astonishment. Chiron was at the side looking on and all the campers had his or her head bowed. A little girl round about the age of 11 gave me a plant pot.

"Here put the tree in it and you'll remember her" I did as she said. I picked up " willow" and put her in the pot before cradling it to my chest. Chiron moved everyone on saying to leave me alone but Conner stayed seeming sullen all of a sudden. Leo went to his cabin and I didn't see him till later. Conner took my arm and showed me to my cabin. He didn't have to explain this to the others because they were there and he told them to get me settled in before dinner. They gave me a bunk and some campers clothes. I sat on the bunk and place the Willow tree on the bedside cabinet before laying down and staring at the bed above me. A conch shell sounded out and the campers all got in a line and I distinctly heard someone telling me to stand at the back as I have only been there a couple of hours. I stood at the back and walked to a huge pavilion made of marble. We all sat at a table and ate. I saw Nico sitting by himself and Leo with a bunch of people at different table. I saw Lucy at a table laughing and giggling with other people. I just sat there in a daze I had lost my best friend I was only just aware that Chiron was talking. He mentioned something about a ball. So they must be holding a ball. All of a sudden I noticed everyone staring just above my head so I looked up and saw a bow d arrow shrouded in golden light.

"All hail Ava, daughter of Apollo god of archery, prophecies, Medicine and light." Everyone went back to their meals and I stood up and walked out. I walked to the edge of the wood where Willow died and just sat there. I didn't know what to do. I must have sat there for a while because I saw everyone trailing out of the pavilion to their cabins. I don't think anyone saw me because no one acknowledged me except for Conner I saw him looking around and he looked right at me. I looked down and when I looked back up he wasn't there so I got up and walked to my cabin. I crawled into my bed and fell asleep staring at the Willow tree next to me.

****************************************

Nooooo Willow im sorry guys but it is important to the storyline as you will soon see and I am sorry I haven't updated recently. I have decided to update every fortnight so thats every second monday.

Thank you soooo much for your votes and follows so please continue to do so and comment.

See you soon my cherubs

The tree is ,of course, Willow as a tree now.

~Sunshines Daughter