Chapter 8.

Queen Christina's painted portrait

4 days later

Alesha's POV

I have finished the Queens portrait I put it in a gold decorated frame and covered it so the Queen couldn't see it they had to leave today and I was going to miss them the Queen particularly she became like a mother to us we had fun showing off all our powers we got to meet Ariella.
The King approached me and I carefully lifted the painting. "Thank you for doing this for me Alesha and remember any more hassle from your old man your always welcome to stay in the palace if you need to." I smiled in gratitude "thank you your majesty I will and thank you for helping me with our pack.

Warning ⚠️ some abuse in this scene.

Like most mornings before the royal visit Jazzy went to play with her fiends. I had taken Sky for a flight to stretch both our wings we were feeling more relaxed until I saw my father crack a snide smile I automatically stopped I didn't like the evil look in his eyes I had it coming I asked for the King and Queen and to everyone's surprise they came, I always knew my father would likely punish me for doing so, I guess nows that time. "You worthless LITTLE SHIT after everything I've done for you and you sneak around pretending to be a helpless sainted girl. You are nothing without your mother." He rushed to me and grabbed my shirt fisted in his hands as he almost ran into the house I was running to keep up but also trying to escape him he took me to the basement I've never been in here before but it can't be good if he's dragging me. My right hand clasps his arm on my shoulder I see torture devices I use my ice to burn his hand he curses and releases his hold on me as he holds his iced hand and roars at me making me jump. I turn to run back up the stairs only to be tossed back screaming when he yanks my hair back I should've tied it up.
I had fallen on my hip and groan as my hand came down to help me up I gasped and chocked on a breath when he kicked my stomach I curled up more on instinct to try and protect my ribs but I wasn't quick enough he kicked me even harder, he kicked me another two times when an echoed crack sounded through the otherwise quite room I whimpered feeling a rib break I could hardly breathe at that moment tears began to pour from my eyes. You need to get out I won't take much more I'm in too much pain make it stop Alesha. Hearing my Phoenix cry out to me for help is heart breaking because she's always so tough. "You humiliated me in front of the dam King and Queen as well as my pack you'll pay for all of it." I screamed as I felt fire mixed with the sharp pain of a knife punctured my side I looked down and saw a flaming poker pierce into my skin and impale me smoke from its heat coming out of my wound, I couldn't move without making it worse I was punched in the face with a knuckle duster he was about to punch again but with all the power I had left I screamed fury in my face as I shoved him to the far side of the room with a thick ice wall and imbedded him to the wall with it.
I struggled but eventually I yanked the poker out of my side screaming in pain as I felt it leave me and threw as far as I could. I tried many times to get to my feet my eyes would still look like their diamond appeal. Eventually I stood up but hunched over my hands on my knees my rib would heal first the wound to my side would take longer my right hand barely touched my side and I winced and groaned removing it from my wound as fast as I could the bastard. "Any... any r-respect I ever had for you, is- now lost. I hate you, and I will always be there to make sure you never lay a finger on my sister." "GET ME OUT OF THIS, DON'T YOU WALK AWAY FROM ME I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET!" I quickly turned my furious gaze on his I won't take anymore of his abuse. "You may not be done BUT I AM ASSHOLE STAY AWAY FROM ME or your going to pay for it!" I whispered angrily in his ear, before I clumsily walked up the stairs were Jazzy heard all the commotion sat at the top of the stairs wrapped her arms around her legs and was rocking herself as she cried and my heart broke once more as I tried to bend down I winced in pain and glared at my side.
"Jazzy how long have you been here?" She sniffed and rubbed her nose her tear stained face looked up to me her lower lip trembling. "I heard the pups mummies say they hope daddy would hurt you so I found Sky and she led me here before flying away. I heard daddy yell and went down I peaked through and saw him stab you." She didn't finish and put her head on her knees crying again. I groaned as I slowly sat beside her. "Come here sweetie but be careful ok." She nodded her head and carefully straddled my legs wrapping her arms around my neck. "Ball tomorrow night sissy will you be better then?" "Yes I should my Phoenix didn't die so it shouldn't take too long to heal, I'll be fine did you choose a dress from what I picked?" I need to change the subject "No" "No well let's make that a yes ok let's go" once she stood up she tried to carefully help me up, I'm never allowed to see the doctor, I mean he doesn't even like me either so I can't go for a check up.
I take multiple breaks walking up the stairs my body complaining the entire way it's in so much pain. Jazzy didn't rush me she was excited to pick a dress but was still the sweet loving sister first. After we eventually made it to her room I went right to her bed and sat down my rib cage relaxed a little no longer having to move. "So what's the options?" I ask she gets out a green velvet empire neckline gown that's more of a A-line shape than a princess style. I shake my head no, next Oh I can see her in this one it was a full length princess dress pink mesh on skirt not overly puffy looked lightweight good I don't want her weighted down she's only four and still growing. The top part was a halter neck with a thin white strap around the neck she had pink roses attached to their stems on the bodice the back was elasticated so had that frilly expandable look I don't know how to describe it. "That one Jazzy wear that one it brings out your rosey cheeks." She beamed "YEAH YEAH do you have your outfit sissy?" I nodded my head we walk to my room I unzip it from its bag hanging on my wardrobe. "Take it out I wanna see" I shook my head "I can't lift it out Jazzy let alone stretch up to pull the dress out I'm too sore here come and look for yourself." She hopped off my bed and came over I stepped back so she could look.
A/N and you'll have to wait to the ball to see what Alesha wears.