Chapter Thirteen

*two months later*

After the orchestra's production of Sweeney Todd, Brent asked Delilah to be his girlfriend. She said yes, of course, and they've been happily together ever since.

Ever since the anniversary of a terrible event that happened to Delilah was two weeks ago, her nightmares have started up again, and it's always the same, never different. Every night, Images of her grandfather flash through her mind, along with disturbing images and flashbacks from her childhood. Delilah finds herself in a dark and damp basement, a single lightbulb hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the room, flickering on and off as it swings from side to side. She always backs up, her body trembling in fear. The light swings to her left, and she screams in fear when she sees the figure of the man who stands against the wall. The person deeply and darkly cackles, a sound that's like nails on a chalkboard to her ears, making her skin crawl and the hair on her arms stand straight up.
Delilah sees an old and rickety wooden staircase in the corner of the room, and she makes a B line to it. She runs up the stairs, each of the rickety boards creaking and moaning with each heavy step she takes. She fears that her weight will break the stairs, but they're the last thing she's worried about right now. The laughing increases as she gets further up the stairs, and she finds a metal door at the top of the stairs.
She beats on the door, screaming for help, and the laughing gets closer and closer to her. She always screams for help, but no one is ever there to help. The nightmare always ends the same, with her being pulled down the stairs by her hair, and she wakes up before the true terror happens.

Delilah has barely slept in the past two weeks in fear of the nightmare/flashback fully playing out while she sleeps.
Lilith has taken up using the baby monitors the same way Delilah uses them on her. She's woken up to her sister whimpering in her sleep, and she always goes and wakes her up from her Nightmare. And the nights that Delilah doesn't make any noises in her sleep, Lilith finds her asleep in the bathtub. For some reason when Delilah has her nightmares, she always relocates to the bathroom in the master bedroom that no one uses. Lilith just lets her sleep until she wakes up.
Brent doesn't know about her nightmares, and she's too afraid to tell him about the reason she's having them.
The fear that was once controlling Delilah's life is starting to try and take control again.

(i'm sorry this  chapter is so short, but the next chapter is much longer :))