Chapter Sixteen

The next morning, Delilah wakes up before Brent. She slowly slides out of his arms, even though she doesn't want to, and puts her pillow back in her place, Brent instinctively drawing his arms closer to his chest, dragging the pillow with him. She goes to her duffle bag and grabs a random outfit, then goes and gets in the shower after brushing her teeth.

She gets out a few minutes later, not using all the hot water incase Brent wants to shower. Delilah dries off and puts on her clothes and rubs her hair with one of the towels. She drags her feet across the carpet as she leaves the warm bathroom, quietly giggling at the swishy noise it makes. Brent is still asleep, sprawled out on the bed. She smiles and goes over to the bed, sitting on her knees at his side.
Instead of saying his name to wake him up, she leans down and kisses his cheek. Before she knows it, his eyes flutter open and he smiles.
He chuckles through his nose and rolls onto his back, sitting up to wrap his arms around her waist. Delilah smiles and wraps her arms around his neck and shoulders, her fingers slightly curling into his hair as he pulls her closer to his chest. "Good morning, Love." He says and she notices that his voice isn't sleepy at all. She must've woken him up when she almost fell in the shower while conditioning her hair. 
"Did I wake you up?" She asks. "Nah, I woke up when you got out of bed." He replies.
"Okay." She says. "I missed you.." Brent softly states, still hugging her. "I missed you, too." Delilah says. "I saved you some hot water incase you wanted to wash." Delilah says a few seconds later, breaking their comfortable silence.
"I'm honored." Brent chuckles. Delilah takes some of the longest showers ever, and He's grateful that she saved him some water.
"Oh, hush." She giggles. "Nahhh." He replies then retracts his arms a bit to tickle at her sides. Delilah squeals in laughter. "Brent!" She laughs, trying to get away from him. "Delilah!" He laughs, continuing to tickle her. She makes a move to get away, resulting in the both of them falling to the floor with a soft thud. "Are you okay?" Brent asks her, stopping. "I'm fine." She laughs.
He rolls over and straddles her hips, then holds her hands in his, putting them at her shoulders. He leans in like he's going to kiss her, but quickly lets go of her hands to tickle her sides again.
"I.. Can't. Breathe!" She wheezes, giggling and laughing like a crazy person.
"PLEEEAAASSSEEEE." She drawls, still laughing.
"Fiiiiine." He says and stops before placing a gentle kiss on the tip of her nose. "I was so cold without you." Brent says, helping her up.
"I'm sorry." Delilah giggles, nuzzling her head into his shoulder. "Okay, as much as I'm enjoying standing here with you, I should probably go shower." Brent says, making her laugh.
"Alright, just don't be too long." She chuckles and lets him go.
"I won't." He says and goes over to his bag. He leans over to grab some clothes when his ears perk up to a wolf whistle. "Nice ass." Delilah laughs. "Isn't it?" Brent asks, posing with his butt stuck out, making her laugh even more.
"Just go wash your booty." She chuckles. "Yes ma'am." He replies, winking at her before going into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

When he returns from his shower, they decide to get in the car and keep going. They'll grab breakfast or something from a McDonalds on the way through. Around noon or so, they stop at Taco Bell for breakfast/lunch, splitting a Taco Twelve Pack.

Around eleven o'clock at night, they're still going. Delilah hasn't noticed where they are, because she's falling in and out of sleep. "Baby, are you alright?" Brent asks, glancing over at her, noticing that her head is slightly lolling forwards.
She jerks her head up then slowly nods. "I'm fine." She yawns and he laughs. He glances at the GPS on the dash, telling him that they're nearly to their destination. Maybe eight hours away.
"Why don't you get some sleep? We're almost there." Brent says, looking back over at her.
Delilah nods again and unbuckles her seatbelt, turning around to reach into the backseat for something. She returns with one of his hoodies, which she folds up like a pillow, and leans over the console to kiss his cheek goodnight. He smiles.
"Night, Brent." Delilah says, buckling herself in and placing the hoodie between her head and the window. "Goodnight, Delilah." Brent replies. Around five minutes later, She's out like a light, her chest slowly rising and falling with slow and even breaths.
Brent continues to drive, excitement bubbling in his chest at the thought of Delilah seeing the snow, and at the thought of him being home.