[3]

Chapter 3:

Colson's POV:

Waking to my phone vibrating on the bedside table next to me, I sigh and reach my arm out, hitting the decline button without checking the screen.

Some days I hate being the boss, some days I just want to stay in bed, and today is one of those days. Rolling back over toward Willow who is asleep facing me with her head on my pillow, I gently move her dark hair from her face and pull her closer, kissing her forehead. She's even more beautiful when she sleeps, so I stop to admire her for a moment.

Since the night of Willow's sixteenth birthday, it's always been her and I. She's the one addiction I can't kick, and I don't want to, even though I know I should. I know I should walk away, I'm no good for her, but I also know what stops me, I'm in love with her, and I have loved her since well before ever sleeping with her, I loved her well before ever kissing her all those years ago. I've loved her for as long as I can remember.

Willow is everything I have ever wanted, she's beautiful both inside and out, she's so smart, she strong, she's mouthy and opinionated, and she stands up for what she believes in, she also has no issues putting me in my place, which is the biggest turn on.

I want to make her mine, but I can't. Willow is a Viper, and while some may think that's what makes her even more perfect for me, its not.

Yes, she was born into this world, she knows what I do and she could easily take on anyone who came her way. She can shoot, and fight, and hack like nobody I've ever known before, but what Willow knows about the Mafia world, and what I know are completely different, and that's why we can't be together.

While the Vipers and the Taipans have always worked alongside each other, and we've always been team mates, things are run very differently between the two crews. Willow has always been protected, the Vipers at the top of the hierarchy like her dad and brothers don't get their hands dirty, they let everyone else do the work for them while they sit back and collect the money, not only keeping them protected but also off police radars, and out of the public eye. And that's the way it's meant to be, but the way the Vipers work and the way the Taipan's work are worlds apart.

While the Vipers avoid trouble, the Taipans often go looking for it. I'm not the perfect guy Willow thinks I am, I'm nothing like her father, or her brothers. My hands aren't clean, in fact they're filthy. I've done so many things that I'm not proud of, things that would make her sick if she knew. I've been hooked on drugs, I've slept around and treated woman horribly, I've fought guys for no reason and beaten them to an inch of their life, I've killed people over trivial things, and that's only the beginning of the long list of things she doesn't know about me.

But with all of that being said, even knowing full well I'm not worthy of her, I still don't want to see her with anyone else.

"Good morning." She whispers, her electric blue eyes now looking into mine.

"Morning Princess." I whisper back, still stroking her hair.

"How long have you been awake?"

"Not long."

"Mmm." She hums softly and snuggles in closer, resting her head on my chest. "Can we just stay like this today?"

"We could, but your dad might come looking for you, and I don't see any windows in this bedroom, do you?" I grin.

Once again, my phone vibrates loudly against the bedside table, and I huff in annoyance. "Fuck sake, a man can't take a vacation."

"That's what happens when you're the big Mafia boss." She teases, pressing a soft kiss to my cheek, before moving from my arms.