[21]

As I lay with Willow snuggled in my arms, I stroke her hair gently. For the last hour we've been in this same position, neither of us talking, just lost in our own thoughts.

"Who should we tell first?" Willow finally speaks.

"Maybe your parents? I don't think Ace is going to take the news well, so if we tell them first at least we'll have two people on our team, I hope so anyway."

"You're not worried about my dads reaction?"

"I like to think your dad and I have a pretty good relationship, I'm sure he isn't going to be over moon we've been keeping things from him, or that you're pregnant, but I think he'll be okay with it."

"You seem almost sure?" She raises a brow, looking up at me.

"I think I'm more worried about my dad finding out."

"Yeah, I'm worried about that too, he's so stuck in the old school mafia ways, I don't think he's going to take it well."

"Well no matter how it takes it, or what he thinks, it won't change the outcome."

"Mmm?"

"We're having a baby and I'm going to be here for you and the baby every step of the way." I press a kiss to the top of her head.

"What does this mean for us? I mean how are we going to do this?"

The second I attempt to answer, my phone rings loudly in my pocket and I pull of out to see my dad calling.

"It's dad, I'll call him back." I say as I hit decline.

But a second later it rings again.

"Just take it, then we can talk." Willow moves from my arms and reaches for her own phone.

I slide out of the bed and head out the large double doors and onto the balcony.

"Dad, what's up?" I answer my ringing phone.

"Colson, it's been a week, are you coming home any time soon, you have a crew to run and a wife to pick."

"I told you I was coming here to be with the Shelby's for a couple of weeks and if you were any kind of friend you'd be here too, your best mate is coming out of hospital today." I huff in reference to Jex.

"I'm in constant contact with Jex, and I plan on coming to visit once he is at home and settled. I don't need to overwhelm him with a house full of people. He says the family is fine, he is fine, and everything is good there, now stop defecting from what this phone call is about."

"I've decided who I'm going to marry now would you get off my back about it?" I huff.

"You have? Who?"

"You asked me to find a wife and I've done that, that's all you need to know."

"This better not be some little stunt Colson."

"It's not a stunt. I've been doing a lot of thinking, and there is someone I've had feelings for, for some time now, I do love her and I'm going to ask her to marry me."

"This is wonderful news, your mother will be delighted to know her boy is finally getting married and before long she'll be a grandmother."

"Yep, that'll happen sooner than she thinks I'm sure. Now if that's all, I have to go."

"Yes, I'll leave you to your little holiday for now and I'll be in contact soon."

"Bye dad." I hang up the phone and head back into the room. "Sorry about that."