[24]

Jordan's POV:

"Hey you." Grayson smiles as he enters the room.

Looking up from my laptop, I close the lid and smile back at him. "Hi." 

"You've been up here for hours, how's the writing going?"

"Really, really well. I think I'm finally onto something." 

"I'm proud of you." He sits on the bed next to me, pulling me into his arms.

"Thank you for helping me get back to feeling more like me." I snuggle in, resting my head on his chest.

"That's what I'm here for." He presses a kiss to the top of my head. "Mom and Dad have offered to have Poppy for us tonight." 

"Oh?" 

"I thought maybe we could use it to our advantage?"

"What did you have in mind?" 

"We could go out for dinner, or we could stay in?"

"Mmm? And what would we be doing if we choose to stay in?" I grin up at him. 

"I have a few things in mind." He smirks as he leans down and presses his lips to mine. 

Deepening the kiss, I place my hand in the back of his hair, pulling him closer. 

"Daddy, Jordy." Poppy calls as she enters the room and we break apart hurriedly. 

"Hi Princess, what's up?" Grayson asks. 

"When is Grandma going to be here to pick me up?" 

"Very soon." he replies. 

"Okay." She says before skipping off down the hall. 

"I should make sure she has all of her things packed." He says as he slides off the bed. "Let me know what you think about tonight." He grins as leaves the room.

I watch him leave and bite down on my bottom lip. A night with just the two of us sounds amazing, being able to do all the things we can't do when Poppy is around. But at the same time, Grayson and I still haven't spoken about what's currently going on between us, and I really don't want to fall back into old habits.

The truth is we've never been in a better place then we are now, and I want this to work, I don't want either of us to mess this up. Grayson is, and always has been the love of my life, and for the first time I'm starting to see a real future for us, the three of us.

Feeling my phone vibrate on the bed next to me, I pick it up and check the screen. 'How much longer do you think you're going to be able to ignore me Jordan? Did you really think I was just going to walk away and leave you alone? Bitch you better watch your fucking back'.  The text message reads.

"Bye Jordy." Poppy yells as she runs into the room, and bounces up on the bed. 

"Bye sweetie, have so much fun with Grandma and Poppy." I tell her as I lock my phone and pull her into my arms for a cuddle. 

"Will you be here when I get back in the morning?"

"I think so, but even if I'm not, I'm only next door, remember?"