Line Without a Hook |Fred Weasley|

Fred Weasley was completely smitten. He'd never felt this way. Of course, he didn't know how to deal with his feelings.

I don't really give a damn about the way you touch me when we're alone. You can hold my hand if no one's home.

His best friend, Y/n Potter. She was perfect for him. Everyone always thought the two of them were together. They were always around each other, touching, hugging, holding hands.

Do you like it when I'm away? If I went and hurt my body, baby, would you love me the same?

Y/n never felt the same about Fred. At least that's what the ginger haired boy thought. How could anyone like him?

I can feel all my bones coming back and I'm craving motion Mama never really learns how to live by herself.

Fred dropped subtle hints to her. She just didn't pick up on any of them. She just thought they were jokes.

It's a curse and it's growing. You're a pond and I'm an ocean.

He tried to forget his feelings for her but it was simply just too impossible. He was in love with her. But he could never have her.

Oh, all my emotions feel like explosions when you are around and I've found a way to kill the sounds, oh.

One day, he had enough. He decided to confess to her. He mustered you all the courage he could and confessed to her. She rejected him. "I'm sorry, Fred. I really am. I just don't want to date anyone. Can we still be friends?"

Oh, baby, I am a wreck when I'm without you I need you here to stay I broke all my bones that day I found you crying at the lake.

Fred was devastated. He decided to go seek refuge at the Lake and try to forget about what had just happened. Of course, there was someone else there. She'd already been crying. Fred's heart dropped. He didn't want somebody else to be as sad as him. He sat next to the girl. She told him her story. Her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend. Fred told the girl his story. Andromeda Wood. Suddenly Fred didn't feel as lonely anymore.

Was it something I said to make you feel like you're a burden? Oh, and if I could take it all back I swear that I would pull you from the tide.

Fred and Andromeda became closer and Fred began forgetting his feelings for Y/n. Slowly. He started gaining feelings for Andromeda. Oh how he used to love Y/n Potter. All of that love had now been given to another. He confessed to Andromeda, scared of rejection again. But this time, he wasn't rejected. No, the feelings were returned. He was happy.

Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa I said no I said no. Listen close, it's a no. The wind is a-pounding on my back. And I found hope in a heart attack.

Y/n had a boyfriend. He was nice and all. She liked him. Not love, but like. She acted happy like her life was put together when in reality, she didn't know what she was doing.

Oh at last, it is past now I've got it, and you can't have it. Baby, I am a wreck when I'm without you I need you here to stay.

Fred had asked Andromeda to the Yule Ball. She accepted. Y/n realized something. She missed her relationship she'd had with Fred. Her best friend. But there was no way she could fix what had happened for she never felt the way that he did at the time.

I broke all my bones that day I found you crying at the lake. Was it something I said to make you feel like you're a burden, oh and if I could take it all back I swear that I would pull you from the tide.

She sat at the Lake and land's connection, wishing she would've just accepted Fred. Maybe. Just maybe, they could've stayed best friends. Nevertheless, she was happy when Fred proposed to Andromeda. All she wished was for her best friend to find someone who would love him the way he needed to be loved.

Darling, when I'm fast asleep I've seen this person watching me saying, "Is it worth it? Is it worth it? Tell me, is it worth it?"

Fred, Andromeda, and Y/n were all apart of the Order of the Phoenix. That was hard enough for Y/n to face. Her best friend and the person he had drifted apart from her for.

Guess there is something, and there is nothing. There is nothing in between and in my eyes, there is a tiny dancer watching over me.

The second Wizarding War was in the verge of erupting into utter, complete chaos. Andromeda and Fred sat everyone down to announce something. Fred looked so happy. "We're going to have a baby!" Everyone was so overjoyed. Except for Y/n of course. She thought to herself. 'Shouldn't he have told his best friend this before everyone?'

He's singing "She's a, she's a lady, and I am just a boy."

Before the war was in full swing, Molly decided it would be best to marry Andromeda and Fred before most of the fighting. She was now an official Weasley. Y/n was happy for him. 'They're perfect.'

He's singing, "She's a, she's a lady, and I am just a line without a hook"

They were all scared of what would happen to them during the fight. But at least Y/n got to fight beside Fred for one last time. A Death Eater fought with Fred. The Death Eater used the Avada Kedavra. Without taking a second to think, Y/n jumped right in front of Fred, casting a spell to kill the Death Eater in front of them. Fred was devastated again. Not because he was in love with Y/n, but because she was his best friend. The one person he could count on.

Baby, I am a wreck when I'm without you I need you here to stay I broke all my bones that day I found you crying at the lake.

Fred was able to return home after the war ceased. Andromeda was the first person to comfort him. He was able to subside a bit of the grief over Y/n's death in a few months, thinking about her a lot. Only because his baby had arrived. A girl.

Was it something I said to make you feel like you're a burden, oh And if I could take it all back I swear that I would pull you from the tide.

Fred held his baby and went to the graveyard, right where Y/n was buried. "See that, Rayla? That's your Auntie Y/n. She left us too soon. She was brave and the best friend I could've possibly asked for. I fell in love with your mommy because Y/n told me to find someone who'd love me. And I thank her for that." Fred placed a bouquet of flowers onto Y/n's grave and smiled. "I miss you, Y/n. My best friend."

That was so bad. I apologize to all of you for this one.