Chapter 8

Once I finished up with my pattern I ended up getting 2nd place. The show past by so fast I got many different kinds of ribbons, but I had fun I also got to do the fun show. Once I got home I quickly ate dinner and put on my pajamas, brushed my teeth, and washed my face I was tired. I went to bed right away even though it was 8:30 instead of 9:00 I was worn out and I just sleept and just sleept. I woke up in the morning with the sunny skies streaming through my window in my face, it was already 9:30 and I still wanted to sleep, but I knew that I had to go ahead and take care of my horse. I searched up online and read that horses like to have someone with them another horse or farm animal so they wouldn't be bored. I felt so sorry for Starstruk because he was alone for about six months. I told my mom right away, she said "You are right, we do need to get Starstruk some company." I thought about that to myself what woud we get him? "Mabey we could get a mini, a minature pony!" I told her in a very excited voice. "Well mabey we can!" My mom told me and I jumped out of my chair and ran right to the computer and started to search and search and search but nothing with the right price and thats not far away, until I saw a little minature pony picture that was taken at a farm that was like five minutes away from our house and it said the pony was for sale! I read the descrption of the pony and it sounded perfect! "A female black and white painted horse that had a black and white mane and tail." I said as I read the description out loud. I was so relieved and then I saw a number a phone number to call if you were intrested in that mini. I got a piece of paper and wrote that number down ASAP! I took it to my mom and showed her the picture and everything and she called the owner and gave us a good price for the mini and we took that price and excepted it! Starstruk was my first pet I have ever owned and now I am getting another pet! My mom thought that if we are getting farm animals we should think about getting a dog and a cat! So the owner of the mini told us that we can come tommarow or whenever we get the next stall done for the mini to get her and bring her to our place and let Starstruk and the mini meet! Once my mom got off of the phone she called the guy who built the last stall for Starstruk and she asked if he was busy tommarow so he could come over get the stall done. So since it was a Saturday and the SPCA was open we hoped in the car and my mom drove us to the SPCA. I have never been there so I didn't know what to expect. But once I walked into the building I saw dogs, cats, bunnys, and rabbits. It was so cool it was like I was in a animal kindom! We checked in and the lady at the desk told us that the dogs would be to the left and that the cats would be to the right. I honestly hope that our dog and cat would be nice to each other. But we went to the dogs first and it was loud I mean loud, all of the dogs were always barking. But I saw this one dog that I knew I wanted to see but someone else got to her first. But we checked out this dog named Sadie, she was such a nice dog but the only thing my mom didn't like was that shoud never got fixed and she was only like two or three and she already had a litter of puppies but then that one dog I saw before the other people didnn't want her so we asked someone if we could look at her, she was perfect! She was a white huskey with a one blue and one brown eye. But we decided we were going to buy her and we wanted to come back tommarow for the cat so it doesn't get crazy in the car.