Chapter 14

"Okay so, you can hold on to the horn since it is your first time riding a horse, I will show you how to put on the western sadle, reins, and a saddle pad, but let's first get you into a helmet that fits you, shall we." I explined to Alex, "Okay, I am ready for this." Alex told me. I showed him how to saddle the horse all the way up, and I finally found a helmet that is the right size for his head. I let him use the step stool and I lead him around the arena, and he said that, that was so much fun! "I have to go, my mom will be wanting me to come back. Remember the prom thing." Alex said while giving me a kiss on my forehead, "Okay, as long as it wasn't fair week, I want to do as many shows as I can." I said and then he left. Luckly it wasn't fair week but it was cutting it close, it was only a month till fair and prom. I went to work but this time I told Alex I couldn't go to "Starbucks" today, and that I had a horse lesson with Starstruk, and that May has been gone for vacation for a while, and that I needed to catch up. "Hey May, how was your vacation?" I asked May, "It was pretty good! We took all of our horses and went to the mountains and trail ride up the mountains." She replied back, "Oh thats good!" I said back, "How has the animals be be doing? I hear you got a mini, kitten, and a new dog." She replied back, "Yea they are just over there, and there doing great!" I said, "Good!" She told me. I had a lesson for an hour but suddently Starstruk reared up and took off around the arena, with me on him! "Startstruk! Its okay!" May was screaming at him. He became more calm but then he reared up again, but this time taking me down, so I fell of. May ran inside to tell my mom. Next thing I knew I saw Starstruk standing right by me, and I saw a snake at the other end of the arena. It must of spooked Starstruk! I told myself in my head, but then my mom came runing out with an ice pack and May and her were sitting beside me. I told May and my mom that it wasn't his fault, that it was the snakes! They said that, that was probably right, but they took me to the hospital, and left Starstruk all alone in his stall. I woke up not knowing what was going on, I guess they knocked me out with some sleeping medicine. Dr. Dallington told me that I had broken my leg and that I could pick out a cast. They gave me many options but I chose a green cast.