Chapter 19

I woke up, with the stinging of the light. "Hey Heavenly!" Alex said in a soft voice, "Hey, how long have I been sleeping?" I asked curiously, "About a couple of hours, you went into surgery at 10:00 a.m. And you just now woke up and it is 3:59 p.m." Alex said while getting me a pillow so I could sit up better in the hospital bed, "Oh, how long have you been here?" I asked Alex, "For about as long as I could once you got out they came back and told your mom and she told me then we came in to see you." Alex said, then the nurse came in, "Um... Is you friend's name Alex, Heavenly?" The nurse asked, "Yes." I answered back, "Okay then, Alex I need to speak with Heavenly and her mom in private, would you mind to step out just for a minute and then I will tell you when you can come back in, okay?" Then nurse asked Alex, "Um... Yeah sure, I will be in the hallway." Alex told the nurse with a worried face. "Let me go ahead and get Dr.Dallington." The nurse said, "Okay." My mom answered. Dr.Dallington came in 2 minutes later, "Hello Heavenly." Dr.Dallington said, "Hi." I said in a soft and low voice, "Well I wanted to tell you that after your surgery when you we still asleep we drew so blood to run a blood test on you, and so what I wanted to talk to you guys today about the results, well we got the results in so I just wanted to say that the cancer... Has gotten worse, in fact you cancer is spreading, I am so sorry." Dr.Dallington said while looking down at the floor, "What?!?!..." My mom said bawling her eyes out, "I am afraid so, I want to get you on a different medicine, okay?" Dr.Dallington said, "Yes thats fine but, how I have been feeling better and I haven't been in any pain hardly at all." I said, "I know it doesn't make any sense, but all of the results came in bad, I am sorry." Dr.Dallington said, "I understand." I said back. We left and went back home I hadn't said a word about it to Alex yet. It was a week till the prom, I was going to break the news after the dance. The good news is that I have a week till I can get my cast off the day after the dance then the next week is fair week, but I haven't been able to practice at all because of my cast. I went shopping to get a prom dress, I just think my mom wants to spoil me because feels sorry for me. I found the perfect dress and it is a strapless green dress that has sparkles starting from the top of the dress by the neck that ends the trail of sparkles down to the waist.