Chapter 4

I looked to see if Starstruk was okay, he was. Suddenly it started to rain so hard that it was like bullets hitting the ground, it also started to thunder and lightning. I realized that Starstruk wasn't trying to run away or hurt me, he was trying to protect me. He knew that there was a storm coming, so he wanted to protect me. I put him away in his stall and gave him hay, I put his blanket on him because it was getting really cold outside because of the rain, I made sure he had plenty of water, and then I went inside to get a jacket. I told my mom what happened, she was glad we were both okay then I asked if I could go back outside and groom him now that I have a jacket on. So after she told me yes I walk outside and open Starstruk's stall door and went in then locked it back and just stood there right next to him. I brushed and brushed him, I combed his hair, and I picked his hooves. When I woke up my mother came to my room and said, "Today we are going to go shopping for the horse show. We have lots of things that we need like a show shirt western and english, chaps, new boots western and english, and little rubber bands to but his hair in what looks like little pony tails for each thick strand." "Okay, but first let me get dressed and eat breakfast." I told her. After I was ready and ate we drove to the horse supplies store. It was really cool there was all kinds of things there. We got every thing I need I even got my mom to get Starstruk a new toy. Today is Monday the show is on Wednesday, we had May come in and she is coming to the show to help get me ready. Finally it was Wednesday, it was sunny and bright, I couldn't get ready to start. My first show is in the style english. It was english showmanship. I got in the ring and waited for my turn, I was thinking over and over in my head "Don't mess up, don't mess up, don't mess up!" Then I realized that I was next.