Chapter 9: Reunion

Anastasia

(My Story - Mike Dimes)

Quote of the day: "Don't change yourself so that other people will like you. Be yourself so that the right people will love you."

"You guys c-coming over?" I asked them to walk out of the school building we had just finished lunch and I need a plan to get Antonio to take his shirt off. I've already started to plan but nothing has been working.

"Not sure," Walker said beside me looking at his phone, I turn to Jess and she shrugged.

"My brother is h-having his c-coach and h-his son over t-t-tonight?" I try I really don't want to be the only girl of age rang of the guy's son I've read too many books Drama will happen I can sense it my spidey senses are tingling.

"HELL YES!" Jess squeals as we make our way to our cars lined up. "What is up w-with you a-and b-boys?" I asked her to open up my backseat door to put my bags in it.

"I like to explore different things." Jess grins from the front of the hood of the car. I smiled at her, "More like k-keeping your options op-pen."

"Whatever" She sighed dreamily, Welp that's Jess for you always not sticking with one thing she must explore her options.

"You c-coming?" I asked Walker walking up to them in the front of my car, "I don't think so Goldie." He gave me a sad smile.

"Everything o-okay?" I asked worriedly, I believe he has some family issues with his mother having cancer she can barely stay stable for the two of them.

"Just mother dearest fighting every day." I smack my teeth and pout my lip, "Everything will be okay." I leaned into him for a hug.

Feeling really bad for him, he started a go fund me and it has been doing well. My father and I donated 5 thousand to help cover for the expenses. Walker couldn't stop praying that day and was so happy that he paid off his moms kemo treatments.

His mother has stage 3 skin cancer, it's like she on her death bed already.

My Father had put her into the best hospital down here and flew the best doctors for her but nothing had worked.

Nothing is working.

She had signed her will already, and our families had come into an agreement that when she does pass Walker will live under our roof until he can stable himself alone.

It was my idea, I couldn't imagine him being here all alone.

Releasing him from the hug so Jess can give him some sugar. I smile as he takes the hugs trying to be strong but under that smile hides a lot.

He gave us both another hug and we said our goodbyes.

"J-Jess, w-why don't you ever b-bring your car?" I asked her as she looks up at me from picking her nails in front of my car.

"Because."

"W-Why?"

"Becuase."

"W-Why?"

"You guys have nice cars and I don't." She stomps her foot and pouts.

I roll my eyes playfully and look at her, "Your car is a-amazing even i-if it's a 1998 Chevy." I put my hands on her shoulder and she starts to chuckle.

"Stop." She pushes me away gently.

She looks flustered, not going to lie her car is pretty old and doesn't have the right radio system and only died about 4 times last time we went out. No one is counting though.