Chapter 13: and the truth comes out

Anastasia

("Every Season" Roddy Rich)

Quote of the day: "Get rid of the darkness to let the light in there isn't room for both."

Flashback:

Walking through the halls of middle school, 7th grade is somewhat like junior year. Nothing special happened, it's like an extra grade that doesn't need to be there.

"Hey Stasia." I hear my nickname being called out by my best-friend Xavier, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and pulling me into a chest hug where he just hugs me while I suffocate.

"Hey Xav," He suggested that we have had nicknames for each-other since grade 1. It's very useful when he comes over in the morning and I'm near dying from sleepiness.

Still having a nice grip on me we walk to our lockers, yes Xav somehow threatens the counselor to give our lockers the same combo and has to be next to each-other.

At just 14 to 15, Xav is still very muscular. Don't get me wrong, his curly bouncy hair and one brown and one blue eye makes a very good model.

The one thing I love most about him is his huge grin and dimples on the side of his face, along with his dark smooth skin.

Don't get me started on his studs; they complete the whole teen boy look.

Also he did stay back a grade making him a year older than me but that's another between me and him. Shhh a secret.

"When do you leave?"I asked, putting my book-bag in the locker and bringing out my books for the first period.

Sadly Xavier has to move because his fathers 'business' has him move out the country.

Hearing a locker slam shut seeing that made him mad, I look over at him and his veins are popping out of his hands.

"Hey. Hey." I shut my locker with my foot and walk up to look at his face forcing his eyes to meet mine.

"You're okay, I'm going to be fine." His eyes twitched and I felt his face relax and his back physically untended.

"In a week, make sure those jackasses don't touch you." I nodded my head and smiled and earned a little grin from him.

About to open my mouth I got slammed harsly in the back by a hard chest, but was caught in Xaviers arms.

"Watch where you're going fucker." Xavier glanced over me and then made his attention go to the stoner boy and popular boy of the school Jay.

Language

"What you gonna do Negro." Jay grits and smirks through his teeth, I hear a bunch of 'oohs' and 'aahs.' from the crowd.

I looked at Xaviers face. It's pure anger. He is physically much bigger than the average 15 year old, muscular and much taller than Jay.

"Your lucky princess is watching or I would have fucked you up." Xavier says smoothly, I look at him and mention my name.

Language

I turned around and faced the locker, "No I'm not." Then I heard it.

Cracking and grunts, that's when I turned around and saw Xavier decking Jay in the face. The football team are cowering from the scene and pulling out their phones.