Chapter 17: Forget this break

Anastasia

'City of God's '

'I miss the magic in the good old days'

When I walked into my class I spotted Walker, I was walking and running at the same time. I didn't even look back at him, because I was to scared to see what he was doing behind me. Just in case.

"Why are you running." A girl in my class asked from behind me, as I ran towards Walker and launched myself at him. She was more of the sassy girls and likes to pop gum in Antonio's face, yes I caught on.

Then Jordan came through the door, and Antonio was behind him so I took that as my chance to move my head and face Walker. "That's why." I hear her after she pops her gum and it sounds like she is drooling under all of that make-up.

"Why is you running." I look down at Walker's phone to see he is still scrolling through messages on twitter and instagram, I guess he is still not over the fact that Xavier texted Jess and I, and not him yet. But I can feel that he is going to get a text any second or day now.

Taking deep breaths, I swear the whole class could hear because they are watching Antonio file into the room. "Don't-" I breath, "Ask" I breath again, and again to have my heart rate slow down.

Looking in the front of the room to see that there is a sub, wow this early in the school year? What happened. "I wonder what happened to our teacher." Walker leans down and whispers into my ear. Same thing i'm wondering big man.

His arm wraps around my chair, these desk are in pairs of two which is like every classroom. I lean my head onto his arm area thing, the thing that's closest to his hands. My head is to confused to process.

"Study hall." Is what the pale lady in the front says, she seems to be one of the younger people. The subs, she looks like one of the Mafia ladies in the books as they describe the main character. Long legs, dark eyes light hair. Tattoo's up her one arm and deep red lips.

Turning to face Walker he is gawking at the lady in front, "Who is that.?" He asks like he found the biggest candy in the candy shop.

She is pretty.

Shrugging my shoulders, it's like everyone in the room was looking at her but someone staring at the back of my neck.

Ding!

Walker jumps from his seat and squeals, "OH SHIT!!!!!"

Langauge

"HE TEXTED ME!" I guess finally X-man has texted Walker, that was a couple. I told everyone that he was going to get a text message this period or in some other period but he did get it! I need to be one of the people that read palms.

The class looks at Walker smiling with his boy-ish grin on the side of his face, "Who?" The sub asks him and Walker is just looking at the text, like it's the best thing that has ever happened to him.

"Anastasia's-" He was cut off when I crumbled a piece of paper in my hand, and was going to launch it into his face but that would be wrong of me right? He shuts his mouth and again it seems that they are all still looking for an answer.

"Dad." I say so that they can look back at the sub and not be as Walker seemed like he was going to start dancing on the table any second.

He starts to move side to side doing his happy dance, "He texted me." Walker repeats over and over again, all I can do it laugh and let him be happy.