Chapter 30: The Ball.

Anastasia

^play this when reading.

"Anastasia remember keep your head up at all times, everyone is watching your ever move." My father tells me, the whole ride I was nervous for this event even though I think i'll be fine but it's my first big one also. 

He said that I need to be careful anyone could use anything for leverage against me. I took his word of advice. 

About to take a step out of the car, I've noticed that this place is pretty big I mean it's going to be a ball. But it's like a huge princess palace. 

I took My father's hand after he helped Jane out the car, I really need help in these heels. I just hope I don't have to walk or run perhaps. 

"Are you okay?" Toby asks me for the fifth time and I have to smile and say yes, "Fine." He nods his head slowly and made his way around the car. 

I see another car pull up behind us, "I thought we were late." Jane says next to me and I laugh with her. 

"That's your plus one Ana." My father says grabbing a hold of Jane, and my face dropped. 

I forgot that I had a plus one, I thought he forgot about that. 

The car door shut so I opened back up my eyes and see a dark skinned man, dressed in all black, and his hair twisted at the top letting the front of the strains dangle in front of his face. He tosses the valet person the keys. 

"Maddox." My father says to the 6'4 buff man in front of me, that i'm still stocked to see him so attractive. 

    "This is my daughter Anastasia." I give him a smile and he gives me one back, his perfecter teeth would make any girl fall but not me!

"Nice to meet you Anastasia." He says with his english accent thick in his deep voice, he shook my hand. 

"You too." I gladly shook his hand back and gave him another smile. 

It's time when I see Jane grab on to my father and Toby go on the other side of Jane and she grabs on to him next. "Ready?" My father says and I nod my head. 

Maddox held out an arm and I grab onto it, not going to feel up his muscles which the outfit isn't making it easier when I felt them as soon as I touched him. 

"Don't worry I have a fiancé at home and pregnant," He says to me and I look at him, thank god.' 

    "Congrats!" I say to him and he smiles back at me, "She told me it's alright but I could see the worry in her eyes." He talks to me as if we were like old time friends. 

His voice makes me want to just continue to talk to him, we walk and talk. 

"Well she doesn't need to worry, I have someone of my own." I told him. 

     "He is very lucky." He says to me I swear British people have one with their words. 

We made it up the last step, my father put in all of our names in so the person with the microphone could call us. 

Once I saw my Father, Jane, and Toby disappear I knew it was our time. "Ready?" He asks me and I give him a nod. 

I kept my head held high, and as soon as we reached the top step I felt wind in my hair blowing it back a little bit. 

"Mrs. Brown and Mr. Smith." 

Once we were called we were met with people staring at us, well at me when they noticed who I actually was. Which didn't help the lump in my throat.