Part 3

He already heard children cheering in the distance as he approached the funfair.

Luckily, the funfair was located near a forest so Splenderman could get there unnoticed and hide if necessary.

The weather was beautiful.

The sun was shining, birds were chirping and the little clouds formed all kinds of funny animals.

The closer Splenderman got, the more he could smell the freshly made cotton candy.

He could hear the popping of the popcorn in their ovens and the children laughing and having various conversations. Music was also playing.

A big Ferris wheel was in the center of the funfair and various other booths with mini-games were set up.

Even a stage for a show was there.

They probably arranged clowns or other actors.

As Splenderman made his way through the masses, he watched children gaze upon him in awe.

Some were pointing at him and others approached him in curiosity.

Each of them got a balloon and a few treats for the way back home.

They laughed and played together.

Splenderman was truly happy, his heart jumping in his chest with joy.

Suddenly a faint but audible noise. It's that sound that can make you forget about all the fun you had and face reality with a sting of pain in your heart.

A little girl cried in the distance.

She held a little plush bunny in her hand, its feet touching the ground. It was rather big for such a small girl.

With her other hand, she tried to hide her crying face.

Splenderman approached her slowly.

It's not the first time this happened.

Sometimes these children would lose their parents but he made it his duty to cheer them up and reunite them again.

"Hello little girl.", Splenderman said calmly and kneeled next to her.

She didn't look up and kept crying.

A few loose strands of her braided black hair fell into her face as she lowered her gaze.

"You have an amazing bunny there! Here...I have one too." Splenderman summoned his plush bunny Mr. Hopples and held it up to her.

She peaked through her fingers to look at it.

Splenderman smiled gently.

"Maybe they can be friends."

The little girl nodded and grabbed the bunny as Splenderman handed it to her.

"And we can be friends too. I will help you find your parents, little one!"

She nodded again and grabbed Splenderman's hand.

He smiled again and got up.

"My name is Splenderman, by the way. What is your name, oh great Bunny Empress?"

The little girl laughed.

It eased his heart that she was feeling better now.

Whenever he saw children cry, his heart shattered.

The little girl shifted from one foot to the other.

She seemed uncertain and looked up to him.

She gestured for him to come closer.