Part 11

Everything was blurry as the little demon came back to consciousness. He rubbed his eyes, yawned and stretched a little, causing the joints in his back to pop loudly. Suddenly he sensed that things were different. An unfamiliar, dreadful silence stretched across the room. The little demon snuck to the door and twisted the handle, pulling it open slowly and carefully. 

He didn't see anyone as he crossed multiple rooms and hallways and the silence grew heavier with every second, crushing Zalgo under its weight. His curiosity was pulling him outside, out of the building, and he found himself in the village of his kind.

As soon as he set foot outside, he found buildings that were destroyed and fires flickering around the place. Corpses and body parts were lying around in puddles of blood.

"Weak."Zalgo learned from the other demons that only the strong are allowed to live, others are just a waste of space. Death is the only and most merciful option they deserve. The smell of blood, which wafted through the air calmed Zalgo down and he couldn't help but laugh a little again. "These Slenders are some monsters I would love to pick a fight with.."

Gone. They are all gone.None of the demons were anywhere to be found.Zalgo balled his hands into fists. All they worked for, got destroyed within a few seconds.What was he supposed to reign over when he had nothing left? Anger boiled inside of him. He will make the Slenders pay. They will either die or bow down to his will.

To his surprise, he never saw any of the Slender tribe again either. He was left in the dark, not exactly knowing what happened to his tribe. He knew that war was the cause of this but what happened as the demons vanished? 

Are they dead now? He had no answers to any of these questions. The young demon was forced to move on and focus on his survival.

He roamed through forests, hunting all kinds of animals. He encountered different breeds of monsters, terrifying creatures, and he fought all of them, preparing himself for the big battle that was sooner or later going to ignite. He grew fast. Throughout the centuries he gained a lot of knowledge and expanded his territory, terrorizing humans who got lost in his forests. His skills and powers became more advanced and refined and he always tried new strategies and combinations for his abilities to improve. He discovered that he was a demon that was able to wield multiple abilities and powers, unlike his brothers and sisters and he tried everything to expand those powers.

More years passed and a bunch of humans managed to build a village within his territory. He let them grow and develop for some time before he started playing with the lives of the villagers. He learned that he possesses the ability mimickry. This was an ability he didn't think any other demon had before but well...the devil has many faces.

Many legends and tales formed around and within the village, laying in the demon's territory. How people disappeared overnight or saw the devil himself when they were out in the woods. Eventually, they believed they found the demon's location and decided to fight him with all their might. The demon didn't know about their attack and was severly injured. He burnt down the village and its people and forced himself to retreat and give up his territory.

As Zalgo wandered around the woods of an unknown place, he felt a strong presence. He felt tempted to fight the owner of this strong power and followed its trail.
He ended up in the middle of the forest with no trace of a creature or monster nearby.

Suddenly he heard some rhustling and he walked towards a tree. The dark aura became stronger with every step he took towards the source of the sound.
A piece of paper was attached to the stem of the tree. It was a kid's drawing and - he gasped.
It looked like a Slenderman. "ALWAYS WATCHING.", it said right beneath it.