Part 12

"He is absolutely ruthless!", declared the commander of the Flaming Hawks and almost jumped out of his chair. The organisation had five military forces...the Flaming Hawks was one of them. All were specialized for different professions and had different interesting abilities and fighting methods. Some were directly fighting the monsters, others set traps or caught them instead. Zalgo remembered that commander from the last meeting. He pointed out that the evidence could be just fiction.

The commander was rather muscular, had a shadow of a beard and raven black hair. He was at least two heads taller than Zalgo in his human form. His features were rough and he always had an ice cold and serious look on his face.
"I recruited him a few years ago. He has military experience so I figured he would be interested and suitable. But he is a ticking bomb! That man is crazy, I swear. He got this look in his eyes."
The more he said about this man, the more interested Zalgo became.
"He had a big issue with these monsters. He would kill any of them, no matter if harmless or not. I think it was because he had some family backgrounds with these creatures."

Zalgo leaned more forward: "Yeah, yeah but how is he on the battlefield?"
The commander's eyes lit up for a second but quickly darkened again: "They are excellent. He got a lot of experience. He would know exactly what to do in which situations but...he does everything his way. He is acting completely carelessly and irrationally. This man has no red line in his trail of thoughts and everything is just a twisted mess inside of him. He doesn't care about losses. He is playing with lives...and once he locked onto one target or monster, he won't give up searching for it until it's dead. This caused us a lot of trouble. He occasionally stole data from the labs to go on hunts by himself. Many innocent people died..." Silence spread across the room and Zalgo shuffled around impatiently.

"Okay, thank you for telling me. You may leave now."

He nodded and turned but stopped dead in his track: "One advice though...please, sir. Let him get terminated. He is a danger to all of us in the orginasation and especially the outside world..."
With these words, the commander left.

.

.

.

"I want you to work for me." "What do I get out of this?", Rex said and rose a brow, scratching his chin.

Zalgo turned the screen of his PC to Rex: "You are on the red list. People want you dead but I see your potential." Rex chuckled and smiled proudly. Zalgo knew that he wasn't proud of the fact that he saw potential in him, but that people actually considered him a threat. Zalgo casually continued: "I understand your reasons and intentions behind your behaviour and I think nothing is wrong with that. I heard about what happened to your family. I am sorry about that."
Rex lowered his gaze and dug his nails into his arm. Of course, Zalgo didn't know anything about what happened and just relied on that one sentence the commander told him earlier. He didn't care enough to run that background check even though it would actually be one click or phone call away.

"But I am giving you a second chance, my friend. You and me, we can build a team and get our revenge!" Rex perked up again. Got his attention. Zalgo smirked internally and walked around the table, putting a hand on his shoulder: "I lost my family because of some monsters too. I just want them to get what they deserve."

The best lies are those who are partly true.

Rex looked up at Zalgo. He couldn't read what was going on inside of him. Zalgo felt like he was drowning in his ice-blue eyes. Zalgo looked away, back on the screen: "Here is the deal. I let your name disappear from this lovely list over here and provide you with any data and weapons you want. You get special licenses that put you above the rules of this organisation, you can act freely and however you want. No punishments. In exchange..."