Part 4

Where is he?, Slenderman asked himself as he hectically teleported to different areas in the forest, in town, and Splendorman's other favorite places such as parks and playgrounds.

Where is he?

Where are you, brother? he asked himself once more, hoping that he would be heard and receive an answer anytime soon.

He stopped near the clearing of the forest and looked around. The grass was all dry due to the summer heat and the lack of rain.

The wind was gently brushing the leaves and haulms of the grass. It smelled a little like hay. But there, barely noticeable, wafted alight and sweet scent of cotton candy in the air.

Slenderman shook his head and turned, teleporting back to the mansion.

Her P.o.V.

"Darling, bad news." Offenderman teleported right next to me, startling me for a second.

I almost dropped the plate that I was cleaning but I managed to get a hold of it and placed it next to the sink.

The worry in his voice made me wary.

"What is wrong, love?", I dried my hands off on my pants and fixed my messy hair a little.

"My brother. He disappeared." I perked up a little.

"Which one?"

"Splendor."

My eyes widened. "Is he maybe at a tea party? Maybe he is just out, playing with some children."

Offenderman shook his head.

"No, no. You don't get it. Neither of us can sense him. It's like he never existed."

Without a warning, he grabbed my hand and teleported us into the entrance hall of the mansion. Slenderman directly rushed up to us.

"[Y/N], have you seen Splendorman?" I shook my head no.

Slenderman paced around a little, tapping his long fingers against his chin in a thoughtful manner.

I gasped when I realized an important detail:

"Darling, didn't he say he wanted to visit a funfair? Wasn't it today or yesterday or something?"

Offenderman grabbed my hands and looked at me:

"You are a genius, love. That's why I love you. Beautiful and intelligent."

Uhmm...I didn't even do that much...

"Splendorman showed us a flyer of it. Maybe it is still in his room."

Slenderman instantly teleported away and returned after a few minutes with a scroll in his hands.

He unfolded it and we took a look at it: "Yeah, that is the one."

Slenderman studied it for a little:

"This funfair wasn't announced anywhere else. There were no other flyers like these spread near the town or anywhere lately.

I believe the funfair season has already ended. It is too rainy and muddy to set up tents or secure constructions...especially in such a place.

It's so far away and basically in the middle of a forest. It doesn't make sense. Why would someone set up a funfair, that is that far away from people? It's supposed to be in sight to attract them."

Slenderman's face scrunched up and the atmosphere around us changed.

Shivers went down my spine as the lights became dim and the air started to freeze.