24. I want your midnights

December 31st 2019

"Can we please stop for coffee?" Taylor pouts as she sits in the passengers seat of Karlie's car, they're nearly back in the city but the blonde is craving a cup of coffee - even though she knows she'll have to make do with decaf. "You can't wait half an hour more?" Karlie laughs as she glances over and her girlfriend pouts as she shakes her head.

Ultimately, Taylor wins and Karlie finds somewhere to stop for coffee before kissing her cheek and leaving the blonde in the car as she runs inside. "Mama will learn eventually, sweetheart, mommy always gets her way," Taylor laughs to herself as she runs her hand over her bump, Karlie dotes on Taylor and everyone knows it - if her girlfriend wants coffee then that's what she gets.

She scrolls through her phone until Karlie's starts ringing in her purse but the older woman appears again before Taylor can retrieve it. "It's yours," she smiles as Karlie gets in, handing her the coffees before retrieving her phone. She checks it but rolls her eyes and sends it to voicemail for the millionth time over the last couple of weeks.

"So, do you need to go back to your apartment or are you coming home with me?" Karlie starts heading home again as Karlie gets comfy and the younger woman shakes her head, "Cara isn't home and I think I've got enough things at your place to figure something out, if not I'll steal something from your closet." Taylor shrugs and Karlie simply shakes her head as she laughs, "we'll find you something, babe," Karlie moves her hand to Taylor's bump and the teen puts her hand over her girlfriend's - she's going to have to start wearing bigger sizes soon, she just doesn't wanna face that yet.

It's New Year's Eve and Taylor and Karlie are spending it with a couple of Karlie's closest friends, all of whom Taylor hasn't met yet. She's more than nervous but Karlie insists that they're going to love her, and for now Taylor is choosing to trust her.

—-

"Baby, if we don't start getting ready soon then we're going to be late," Karlie laughs as she presses gentle kisses to Taylor's forehead, they got home a few hours ago but the blonde was exhausted and fell asleep. "I just wanna cuddle you for a bit longer," she mumbles into Karlie's shoulder and the older woman smirks, Taylor gets very clingy and needy when she's tired and it's very sweet. "Why don't you come and take a shower with me instead?" She needs to motivate Taylor and they've got a little extra time, "really?" Karlie laughs as Taylor's eyes pop open, "yes, really," the blonde pulls her girlfriend into a kiss and then hops up - this is probably the fastest Karlie ever sees her move these days.

Taylor goes off to take off her make up and Karlie grabs them some towels and sets something out for Taylor to try on once they're done. She pauses when she hears Taylor singing in the bathroom - Taylor's voice is one of her favourite things but the blonde won't sing much in front of her girlfriend.

Karlie waits until Taylor stops and she hears the shower running and then she strips off and follows the blonde into the bathroom. She smiles to herself when she sees Taylor standing under the water, the woman will always be her favourite sight. Taylor faces Karlie as the woman gets in beside her, shaking her head as she takes in her girlfriend and her perfect body. "You're so beautiful, Karls," Taylor bites her lip as Karlie stands in front of her naked and the professor smirks, "those are dangerous words, baby, the first time you called me beautiful you ended up pregnant."

Taylor rolls her eyes and pulls Karlie into a kiss, the warm water soaking them as Karlie holds Taylor's body against hers, "luckily for you, you can't get me pregnant again," the teen smirks, "not for a few months anyway, so savour it while you can." They love their baby girl and if one day in the future they feel like they want to add to their family then that's great, but Taylor is going on birth control as soon as ladybug is out and Karlie respects that choice completely.