020

TW // su1c1d3 

CHASING CARS

louis and jayden decided to hang out in room 513 in between periods. mr. hemsworth got pulled into an emergency meeting so the rest of them were given time off. seeing as to they also had the next class together they decided to just stay together. they were too wary of being of alone, especially with everything that was happening.

they spent fifteen minutes reviewing for the quiz they knew ms. ryder was going to give them, ultimately deciding that they were going to use the code john taught them when they needed to cheat because they got too lazy to review.

they went on to talk about other things, mostly about emily and how jayden felt like she and jules stood a chance this time. that conversation ended quickly because they got distracted by an email that was sent to them about auditions for the mystery film that the seniors were making.

"are you going to audition?" jayden asked, reading through the email that jenna ortega sent them

"maybe, but we all know they're gonna pick jaeden. maddie ziegler favors him. i'm vying for something else, i wanna do the peter pan one." louis replied, shutting his laptop off before turning to jayden

exhaling sharply, he mentally prepared himself for what he was going to say to her. it's been a few weeks since he found that article, and while he promised emily that he wasn't going to do anything. his curiosity was just eating him up inside. he couldn't stand not knowing what the rest of the article said. he was going to find answers.

"speaking of mysteries —"

"don't worry we all know that was jaeden and lauren the other night. you and emily are in the clear"

"what? what happened?"

"oh you don't — never mind then what were you gonna say?" the blonde said, waving her hand in dismissal before shaking her head

"right. so i assume emily told you about the article?"

"yeah. that first half is creepy as fuck, bet the rest of it is even worse" jayden remarked, looking at her nails before pursing her lips

"tell me about it."

"look i — i promised emily i wasn't going to do this. but i can't help it, i need to know how that article ends. i just — i can't stop thinking about it"

"louis..."

"i'm going back to the basement"

"now how dumb are you?!" jayden exclaimed angrily, hastily rising from her seat before slapping a hand over her forehead

"i know it's dumb but — this is gonna kill me and i —"

"going back down there is literally going to kill you! heck you might have come out unscathed the last time but lauren got a concussion, emily's cheek was slashed, and jaeden broke his fucking arm!"

"i've come up with a strategy though. see i know when all the teachers are in class because john and i used to —"

"louis i don't care what strategy you have. you can't go back down there! if you make it out alive then yay good for you! but what if you don't?! it's going to crush emily!" she chided, pacing back and forth