Chapter Twenty-Five Unedited

"I'm so glad to be out of that hospital!" Dawn shouts as we step out of the hospital doors. People give her disapproving looks as she skips over to my SUV. I laugh, setting her stuff in the backseat before climbing into the driver's side.

We found out that her leg was broken near the beginning of her kidnapping. It healed incorrectly, so she will forever have a slight limp. (Even after they reset her leg, she was told she would have a slight limp, but it shouldn't cause her any problems.)

She turns on my music, singing along with the lyrics as I drive towards her grandparent's house. Her grandparents are already gone, but her aunt, uncle, and Carter are still here. I smile as I pull into the driveway, seeing Emmie, Kieran, and Carter spraying each other with the hose.

"Dawn!" Emmie screeches, racing over as Dawn opens her door. Dawn drops down to her knees, hugging Emmie tight.

"Hey, baby." She whispers as I get out and start taking everything of Dawn's out of the backseat. As I pass her, she gets up and quickly follows me as I head inside. I head to her room, setting her things down. She settles on her bed, watching me as I move around the room and trying to make sure everything is clean. A ringing fills the silent room, vibrating as well in my pocket.

"Jayden Pierce." I answer, someone clears their throat.

"Hello, we're calling to confirm an appointment in two weeks for a Dawn Parker." A woman states perkily.

"Yes, we'll be there." I confirm, sitting down beside Dawn.

"Thank you! Have a wonderful day!" She hangs up on me. Dawn wraps my arm around her, cuddling into my side.

"Who was that?" She murmurs. I press a kiss to her temple.

"The psychiatrists office confirming your appointment in two weeks." I answer, she nods.

"Okay." She whispers. Carter knocks on the doorframe, slightly glaring at me.

"Dawn, we're having an early dinner since Mom and Dad has to leave in the morning." He says, she nods.

"Okay, we'll be there in a minute." She smiles, he nods and walks away. I get up, stretching with a yawn. Arms clamp around my neck, legs wrapping around my waist. I chuckle as Dawn sets her head on my shoulder, kissing the side of my neck. I gently grab her thighs, hoisting her up higher on my back and carrying her towards the kitchen. Haven smiles at us as I spin around for Dawn, hearing her laugh. I grin, fake dropping her and hear her squeal. Kieran ignores me but keeps a careful eye on Dawn.

Emmie laughs as Carter huffs and glares at me while Hudson rolls his eyes. I gently set her down on her feet, taking a seat besides Emmie and nudging her playfully with my arm. Dawn smiles, sitting down beside me. "So, we're going to church tomorrow and we were wondering if you'd like to join us." Haven begins, dishing everyone up. Dawn looks up, startled.

"I guess... I'm sure everyone should know I'm safe." She agrees, Haven smiles.

"Good. No one knows you're home yet, but I think you might be on the news tomorrow." She winks, Dawn shrugs.

"So, when Chase kidnapped you we heard what got you to go with him. What's Jayden's secret? You both seemed worried about us finding out. Jayden said it was up to you if we wanted to know." Hudson asks, slightly glaring at me.

"Don't worry, we won't tell anyone! Not even the rest of the family if you want." Haven quickly jumped in, shooting her husband a glare. Dawn quickly looks over at me, conflicted about what to say.

"It's up to you, Dawn. If you trust them, I trust them." I say quietly, she glances at Kieran and Emmie. Kieran shrugs.

"I'm sure Carter would be more than upset, but you know I approve of Jayden." Kieran says, giving me a slight smile before taking a bite of his food. Dawn sighs, nodding slowly.