Chapter Seven

I swiftly put the phone to my ear as I stand to my feet. "Hello, Baby Doll." I answer coolly, as if everything was fine.

"Jayden, get your ass over here and explain." She demands, a bit of impatience and irritation in her voice. I smirked.

"Impatient, aren't we?" I reply, a bit giddily.

"No." She responds stubbornly. A short bark of laughter fell from my lips.

"You're very stubborn, Sunshine." I say with amusement. She sighs, and I could practically see her vexed face.

"Just come and explain. Also, can you pick up my siblings for me? I don't want Emmie to get sicker." She asks of me, a bit sheepishly.

"Of course, Sweetheart. I can't wait to see Emmie." I answer, smiling widely.

"Goodbye, Jayden." She says and hangs up on me. I frown, a bit hurt she didn't call my Jay. I sigh and put my phone in my pocket.

"I need to take a shower." I mutter as Ana silently laughs. I flip them off and rush out to my car, a small smile on my face. I race to my house, breaking most of the speed limits and laws on my rush to get home.

I take two steps at a time, rushing to my room. I jump into the shower, quickly washing the sweat off me before changing into dark jeans and a grey t-shirt. It was short sleeved, so it showed off my tattoos.

They started from my wrists and worked its way up my arms and disappears under my sleeves, only to continue to my shoulders and neck. I might add more to make it go to my chest, maybe the date I met Dawn or something.

Wow, that sounded girly and a bit creepy. I mess up my hair in that sexy way most girls like before running down my stairs, almost tripping down them in my over-excitement to get to her house. What should have been a fifteen-minute drive to the elementary, was only five minutes. I bounded to Emmie's classroom and went into the almost empty classroom. Emmie's face lighted up when she saw me.

"Jay!" She screeched and raced into my arms, I easily caught her and swung her around with a grin.

"Hey, sweetheart! How are you? Are you still sick?" I asked worriedly. She grins, her blue eyes lit up in excitement.

"I'm amazing! I am a little sick though." She admitted, coughing. I notice how she seemed to have heavy eyebags and her face was pale and drawn.

"How about we get you a cup of hot cocoa on the way home? We don't have to tell Dawn." I offer, winking with a smile. She beamed at me and hurriedly nodded, making me laugh. I turned on my heel and carried her outside, tightening my hold on her when the blast of icy, cold air hit us.

She shivered as I quickly bounded towards my waiting mustang. I buckled her in the back seat before jumping into the drivers' seat and driving to the middle school. Apparently, Dawn texted Kieran because he was immediately at the passenger side door and got in. I turned on country music and drove us to a café.

"What's your favorite hot beverage? What's Dawn's?" I asked as I unbuckled. Kieran gave me a funny look.

"She would most likely want a strong coffee with sugar and cream. I'd like a mocha Frappuccino with caramel." He answers, I nod and get out. I quickly ordered what everyone wanted, getting myself a autumn spice tea. I text my gang, telling them that I'm going to not be there for a couple of days.

"Jayden!" The girl calls, waiting for me to pick up my order. I hurriedly walk over, and she hands me the drink carrier.

I give her a small nod of appreciation, she leans too far over to try and catch my attention with her cleavage. I hide my disgust.