Chapter Thirty-Six Unedited

I walk inside the visiting area, the lawyer I hired waiting outside so I could warn Dawn. I subtly nod to plenty of my men inside, a few being visited by their family or guys I ordered to pretend to be friends with them, so Dawn had plenty of protection. I see Dawn chatting with a guy I do not know, and by the way my men are glancing at him, lets me know they don't trust him. I pull my chair back, sitting down in front of her with a grin.

"Who are you talking to, Princess?" I ask, she glances towards me with a happy smile.

"I met a friend yesterday! Daniel, meet my boyfriend Jayden. Jayden, this is Daniel." Dawn introduces us, I nod towards Daniel politely. He runs his gaze over me, assessing me as I do him.

"Sunshine, a lawyer is waiting outside to meet you, so you can get ready for your trial." I say, turning to look her in the eye. Her eyes widen, and she moves her hands towards me in shock.

"What happened to your face? Did you get punched?" She cries shrilly, I wince. I must look worse than I thought.

"Yeah. I had to handle some business and it went wrong." I say vaguely, she hums with worry still in her honey brown eyes.

"Are you okay? Is Emmie okay? What happened to Kieran? He didn't show up yesterday." She asks quickly, I pause in shock.

"I'm fine, Emmie's fine. What do you mean Kieran didn't show up yesterday? He said he was going to see you and he came back a few hours later telling me that you were fine." I reply, frowning. She scowls, crossing her arms over her orange suit.

"Well, fuck. What did he do yesterday for two hours?" She questions, I sigh as I run my hand over my face.

"I'll talk to him. Maybe he had something really important that he had to attend to." I offer, she sighs and slumps her shoulders forward in disappointment.

"Maybe." She admits, but I can tell she doesn't believe it. The lawyer comes in, interrupting our conversation. We go over everything, all our evidence and how likely it is to win our case. It'll be tough, but he thinks that we can win this if we play at it right. Although, Dawn was a bit hesitant about having to testify for herself, but she eventually agreed.

"Times up, Parker!" A guard shouted, making Dawn jump in fear. I scowl, glaring at the guard. I lean forward, leaving a kiss on her forehead.

"We're almost there, Love. Just another week and a half." I murmur against her skin, she nods as one of my men who's acting as a guard comes over to push her back into her cell.

"I love you." She whispers, her honey eyes staring at me even as she stumbles and is pushed away from me.

"I love you too, Sunshine!" I call, making her smile even as she's taken away from my sight. I sigh, stuffing my hands into my pockets and heading out. The lawyer and I go our separate ways, letting me go home and get some sleep.