Chapter Thirty Unedited

Dawn's POV

I don't know how we got into this argument, I just know that my answer will stay a firm no. He gives me the puppy eyes, pouting put his lip to appear cute. "Please, baby?" He whines, I shake my head and stomp my foot.

"No!" I yell in frustration, a smile tugs at his lips before going back to pouting.

"Yes." He throws me a begging look, I scowl.

"No." I state firmly, glaring at him.

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"NO!"

"YES!"

"I SAID NOOOO!" I scream, throwing my hands into the air with frustration. He holds back his laughter, knowing his bugging me.

"Pretty please?" He begs, I shake my head.

"I said no, Jayden! That's my final answer!" I yell in frustration, heading into the living room now that my dishes are done.

"C'mon! Sunshine, you love me... right?" He questions, pouting at me like a whiny baby.

"I love you, but no." I deadpan, plopping down beside Kieran and snuggling into his side. Kieran wraps an arm around me, going back to his video game.

Jayden sits in front of me on the ground, looking at me like a kicked puppy. I roll my eyes. "Why won't you go on one date with me? Tomorrow is your last night!" He begs, I sigh.

"I'll save you one dance at your gala thing tomorrow." I compromise, he gasps in disbelief.

"Only one? That's not fair! I'm your boyfriend, you should love me more than that!" He huffs, glaring at me playfully. I laugh, nuzzling my head into Kieran's side.

"It's your punishment for leaving me in the car." I decide after a beat of silence, he stares at me in outraged disbelief.

"I left a note!" He exclaims, his galaxy eyes wide with disbelief. I smile, biting the insides of my cheek to keep from laughing.

"And I was asleep! You could have woken me up!" I cry, he laughs.

"You threw your shoe at me last time! And that was only the beginning!" He points out, I laugh.

"Okay, okay! Let's see... we can go out for lunch but then we have to get back to set everything up and for you to get back to your meeting." I compromise, he pouts but agrees. Emmie wanders down the stairs, rubbing at her eyes as she yawns.

"Dawn? Can we have a food fight?" She asks, I turn my head away from her to hide my giggle.

"No, baby. It's time for bed. Kieran, wrap up this game. After that, your friends need to leave." I say sternly, getting up and walking over to Emmie. She holds her hands up at me, asking for me to hold her. I pick her up with a sigh, kissing her nose as I walk up the stairs. She leans her head on my shoulder, her nose brushing my neck as I carry her to her bedroom.

I tuck her into her bed, wrapping her up and tickling her sides playfully. She squeals with laughter, her blue eyes lighting up with happiness. It makes me so sad that I have to leave my angel in a couple days. "Dawn, can you tell me a story?" She whispers, gazing at me tiredly as she calms down. I nod, laying beside her on the bed. She cuddles into me as I wrap my arms around her, keeping her close.

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful little girl with blonde hair and wide blue eyes. She was always curious about everything. She loved to run through the meadows, chasing dreams and happiness. One day, something bad happened to her and she slowly felt sad." I begin, her own wide blue eyes saddened.

"That's bad! I hope she's okay!" Little Emmie exclaimed, I smile softly down at her.

"She moved away from those meadows and tried to hide in the busy crowds, but a boy could see her shining like a star even through the crowd. Every day, they'd meet up in the crowd and he would talk to her until the sun went down. And, every day, she became just a little less sad and happier. Finally, she fell in love with him, but she was scared something would ruin her happiness. For a long time, she was worried and scared. Then, he took her to a meadow and kissed her. Her heart and happiness restored, they lived in the meadows and lived happily ever after." I finished softly, smiling when I see her eyes are closed and that her breath is soft.

I gently kiss her forehead, exiting the room and going downstairs. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.