We's a family 2

"Jack where ya been?"

"Whos dat?"

"What took ya?"

Questions kept erupting from the newsies when Jack got back, but he didn't have time for any of this, the girl was getting cold in his arms.

"MOVE!"

The newsies parted like a sea and Jack set the girl on one of the many bunk beds in the room.

"Specs, get ya kit, quick, she got soaked out in the alleys and the hospitals 're closed." Jack ordered, and a scrawny kid with broken glasses dug under his bed, producing a large box with the words "first aid" printed along the side. Jack moved to let Specs get to work, and tried to keep the others distracted to help Specs focus.

Not that it was hard, each of them had plenty of things to say.

"Jack where's you find 'er?" A boy with a crutch under his arm asked.

"Just down the road, couple'a alleys down, some mugga's I'm guessing. They's soaked 'er real good though, so she musta put up a good fight."

"We's aint neva had no goil in 'ere before." A shorter guy with an eye patch commented.

"Well I's aint neva seen a goil slugged this bad while the hospitals were closed. We's 'er best bet ta makin it ta tomorrow."

"She's perty, even when she's soaked." A short black haired boy said dreamily, staring as Specs sewed up a gash on the girls cheek.

"Cut it out, Romeo, you's aint getting no where wit a half dead gal gettin put back taget'a." A guy with a cigar hanging out of his mouth sneered. The short boy, Romeo, just shooed him off and continued to gaze dreamily at the girl.

It took Specs about an hour to get her fully patched up, partially because he had to wrap her stomach and the other newsies were throwing fits over getting kicked out.

"Give da goil some decency, will ya?" Jack said, helping Specs usher out the groaning boys.

When he was done, all the newsies crowded around the bed, eager for the girl to wake so they could meet this mysterious newcomer.