DIR (part 1): The calm before the storm

HELLO there. Well, first things first: This is a reupload from "Dragon island" (I will shorten it with DIR = Dragon Island reupload in the title), which you can also find in my Merlin's magic series. I am posting it on both collections, because the protagonists are Merlin and Arthur as well as Leon and George. 
Originally, that was not planned so intensely. So.... well. 
I am also sorry for still not having continued "That's not Emrys.". I will get to it.... eventually I hope. Anyway.... These are 16 chapter. I will give you the original chapter titles in here now... like... as a bonus ^^ Enjoy :D 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Absolutely not."
Sometimes, Arthur Pendragon was not only a prat, he was a downright Clotpole. Not that Merlin ever failed to mention it.

"Arthur, I am going with you!"

"And what exactly can YOU do against dragons, Merlin? This is THE dragon Island! My father has been searching for this place for over a decade!
There are rumors that there will be dragon lord's there as well! Do you even know how many knights have died since the purge started?
Since my father fought these monsters and erased them from this part of the world?
If we find this Island, we can end this war! But this is too dangerous for a servant. I can not waste my time consoling you, when the sea is making you sick, Merlin. I have battle strategies to discuss."

Merlin huffed and crossed his arms.
They were standing at the shore, far far away from Camelot. Uther Pendragon had a ship army remaining here in position.
He regularly send out spies to find the home island of the dragon lords.
Not that there were any actual dragon lords with dragon lord powers left. They were wiped out in the war. But their families remained.
Those who valued their traditions and taught each other magic. But weren't the first son's and therefore had none of the abilities their kind was so proud of.
But magic was another reason to have them wiped out.

About a week ago, one of Uther's spies had found a trace that lead them to an underwater cave. Barely shallow enough to have a narrow boat sail through.
They had found runes engraved in the walls. And the spy was pretty ecstatic that this MUST be the entrance to the secret island.

Well...
Since Arthur was the only knight known to have actually killed a dragon (which he didn't), his father found it absolutely logical to send his only son and heir on another suicide mission.
Into unknown terrain, with unknown enemies and not one dragon, but a whole army of those impossible-to-kill-except-you're-a-dragon-lord creatures.

It was truly perfect. Arthur could finally proof his worth as crown prince.... again.
And almost die.... again.
Heroically of course.
Uther was a genius.

And apparently Arthur was just as smart, because the idiot prince had decided to go on that mission WITHOUT Merlin.
The only ACTUAL dragon lord left in the entire known universe. Not that they knew about that.

"Just so you know – I do NOT get sea sick. And I already know how to use the sails and stuff. Will and I often went out with the fisher of our town. Other than you who grew up in a fancy Castle with perfect temperature in every single room and hundreds of servants working for you.
You may train, but you have NO idea how to deal with the weather, with the tides. You barely know how to dress yourself!", as Merlin exclaimed the last part, he could basically feel the steam of anger from Arthur's nostrils flaring at him, while a few knights were snickering behind them.

The knights were, by the way, currently occupied readying the boat.

"Fishing on a boat and Sailing on the open sea is totally different.", Arthur argued, causing Merlin to roll his eyes and facepalm himself.
"Fisher's... sail, Sire.", he muttered, causing Arthur to frown as if that confused him for some reason.