DIR(16/FINALE): Brass

Of all activities George had ever attended, flying was by far his least favorite. One would think, sitting on a dragon with scales that were covered in brass would have been the ideal punch line to his story arc.
And maybe it is. But maybe it's not, because brass was never funny to begin with.

..... If George asks, I never said that.

Anyway, George wasn't laughing. Though, admittedly, as has been stated before, George thought loud laughter ruined every joke.

Instead, he was now clutching on to Ciril's back. Merlin and Arthur, obviously, shared their seat on Kilgharrah who was less than happy to be used as a horse two times in a row.

George squished his eyes shut. Because they were high up, not because he was avoiding to look at Arthur's and Merlin's lovey doveyness.
Other than Leon, George was quite a fan of public displays of love. He liked seeing people be happy with each other.
George was, after all, the head of the serving stuff. AND the biggest gossip in the castle. He knew things no one else did.

He didn't know these things without wanting to know them.
He wanted to know them.
That's why he spied on people.

At least, he wasn't getting sick, like Leon had back on the boat.
Now, George opened his eyes, wondering. Because if Leon was immortal, because he was dragon kin and George was also technically a dragon....
Did that mean George was immortal too? Then what was the point in being scared of heights?
Also, George was technically a dragon. He should be able to fly himself.
He really shouldn't be scared of heights.

George shook his head. Thinking logical didn't stop you from being afraid.
It's okay to have fears. It's also okay if those fears are irrational. Let's not debate whether or not flying miles up in the air didn't warrant a little fear.
Especially when you were sitting on a creature that was supposed to be your enemy and also had no safety belts. Not that either of them knew what that was.

The thing is, when you're forced to sit out a situation you are uncomfortable with, times slows down. George took pride in his ability to solve things quickly.
Waiting, however, was not something he enjoyed. Even less so, when he had to sit still and fear to make a move.
He had to actively do something. At all times. If he had to sit still, he would try to do something else at the same time.
If he was told to stand in a corner and be quiet, he tried to plan and organize things in his head in the meantime.
George was constantly working, always.
Now he was sitting, flying, fearing, not doing anything useful and unable to think. This was the exact opposite of his comfort zone.

Ciril smirked about that, sensing his distress even through their scales.

Of all the things George and them had in common, it was probably their need to constantly be on the move.
But Ciril preferred to think freely. To fly, to dance and move. They were much less stuck up.
Although, just like George and Leon, they had a strong sense for duty.

They also had a good sense for people. This ability, however, was compromised by their own strong emotional changes. Which blinded them often in their judgment.

If you thought about it.... then Leon was currently going through a change between those two types of people.
He went from working all the time like George to finally letting go and be free like Ciril. From caged by circumstances like Ciril, to choosing his own fate like George.
Perhaps it made sense that it were those two, Sir Leon's soul was bonded to.

It didn't take much longer, until Ciril went into dive mode. Let's just say, George was not very fond of that, because Ciril liked to drop down.
You could hear a gritting sound, as George stopped breathing to stomach the fall. He didn't even have the chance to shout out his fear, because he was holding on to Ciril so bad.