Tip toeing around the mistle (part 1 Christmas special)

THIS IS AN INTERLUDE FOR CHRISTMAS. THE REST OF THE PREVIOUS STORY WILL BE REPEATED AFTER THE FINAL CHAPTER OF THIS ONE

---------------------------------------------

A.N.://This is a short story about NOT kissing. And what effects that can have on people. (It sounds more serious than it is I promise. It will turn out more wholesome towards the end.)

This is my far too early christmas special for you. But we could all need some christmas spirit, right?

Anyway. Feauring: Merthur, Perwaine, Gwen x Lance (I can't remember their ship name lmao)
And aro/ace Leon (friendship with George)
-> this story will reappear in my other short story book: merlin's magic

(did i use that picture before? Anyway... it's supposed to be gwaine XD I drew that a while ago)

-------------------------------------------------------

"This is a bad idea.", Lancelot said, both eyebrows raised.
He was standing several feet beneath Gwaine, holding the ladder.
"Oh come on, it's not like anyone's going to complain about it.", Gwaine was the one standing ON the ladder. But his voice was muffled, because he was holding a few nails in his mouth.
On the side of the ladder, he had already hung up a bucket full of green plants. Small white berries were growing from them.

"Half the castle has already complained, Gwaine.", Lancelot sighed and shook his head. Trying not to look at Gwaine who was almost swinging in the height he was standing in. All while humming some songs.

"They're no fun. Ignore them."
"Gwaine, I'm serious. You've already put up mistletoes all over the kitchens, the stables, even the knights chambers AND the armory! Isn't this a bit.... too much?"

"You can never have get enough kisses.", Gwaine sing songed and another loud bang echoed in the halls, while he hammered another mistle at the wall.

"You're taking this tradition really serious.", Lancelot continued to point out. Truth be told, the only reason he was helping Gwaine was to make sure the man wasn't going to injure himself.
"It is the very best tradition. I'm just spreading a message of love.", Gwaine winked at him.

Lancelot blinked. "I know a certain knight who will definitely hate you for this."
"Lancelot. Sir Lance. Lancy my dearest commoner friend. This year I will get a kiss from EVERYONE in this castle. And if I have to redecorate the entire Castle to make it happen, I will."
"Are you still hung up about Margaret?"
"NO!", Gwaine stressed out too confidentially to be anything but a lie.

"You cannot just force everyone to kiss you!"
"Last year I kissed around fifty people. I BET I can top it."
"Are you drunk?"
"No.", again, stressed out too long.
"Are you standing on a ladder, while being drunk?"
"You're no fun, Lance."
"Gwaine, get down there."

Gwaine sighed, but complied anyway. As soon as he reached the ground, Lancelot slapped him upon the head.
"I'm starting to get really worried about your alcohol consume."
"You're STARTING to get worried?", Gwaine smirked back. Lancelot slapped him again, causing Gwaine to laugh back at him.

-------------------------------

"This is it. I'm going to die."
"It's not that bad, Leon."
"No, I'm serious. If this doesn't kill me, I will do it myself."

"With all due respect, Sire.", George bowed lightly towards the man with the blond locks, who was currently one foot away from a door that was basically covered in mistletoes.
"But you're being dramatic."