𝘼𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙖 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚

"What the fuck?"

"What the fuck?"

Oikawa turned his head at the sound of Iwaizumi's exclamation, seeing Ushijima, dancing closely with someone Oikawa didn't recognise. 

Oikawa shrugged nonchalantly at Iwaizumi, being used to it.

"It's fine Hajime." Iwaizumi observed the way Ushijima swayed with that person, a hand trailing up the back of their shirt, his other hand hanging loosely off their shoulder.

"Shouldn't he be dancing with you like that?"

"I'd prefer if he didn't." Iwaizumi looked at Oikawa, exasperation written all over the ravenette's face.

Oikawa didn't look at Iwaizumi, instead staring at how Ushijima leant down to whisper in the person's ear before striding over the the brunette himself.

Iwaizumi watched as Ushijima approached Oikawa, leaning down to whisper something in his ear just as he had done to that other man.

Oikawa dismissed Ushijima with a weak flick of his wrist before turning back to his drink and downing it, Eye's sunken and dull, just as they were when Iwaizumi had sat down next to him.

He could see it now, how much Oikawa had changed. How much he probably needed him but Iwaizumi wasn't there.

"Hey listen Oikawa," Iwaizumi poked Oikawa's arm slightly, gaining the tipsy man's attention. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine, I'm just glad you talked to me now-"

"No Oikawa, I'm sorry." Oikawa looked into Iwaizumi's eyes, he couldn't forgive him. Not just yet.

But maybe he was also partly to fault, when he gave up on volleyball, he never meant to give up on Iwaizumi too. He didn't even try to keep in contact, but Ushijima did break his phone and his dad refused to buy him a new one.

By the time he could contact Iwaizumi, the man had moved away for college and changed his number. Tragic.

Iwaizumi switched his gaze onto Ushijima too see him trying to encourage the man he was dancing with to go to a room with him, so far he was succeeding.

In an act of Impulsive anger and maybe a bit of over-protectiveness that he still held over Oikawa, Iwaizumi got up, and with long, confident strides, he found himself standing in front of Ushijima.

He could feel Oikawa's anticipating gaze on his back, reminding him of who he was doing this for.

Without even a speck of hesitation, Iwaizumi drew his arm back, balled his hand up and hooked Ushijima in the face as hard as he could.

The taller man stumbled back, clutching his quickly bruising cheek.

Iwaizumi noticed that a small crowd had started to gather. It's not a wedding without a little bit of drama right? He could thank Brendon Urie for teaching him that.

Iwaizumi looked over his shoulder to see Oikawa staring at the scene unfold, no particular emotion portrayed on his pale features.

Iwaizumi sighed, looking back at Ushijima who refused to look at the ravenette, but he did decide to speak.

"Always a pleasure, Iwaizumi."

"Fuck you." Iwaizumi spat, balling up his fists to restrain from hitting Ushijima again, despite how much he wanted to.

When he looked over his shoulder again, Iwaizumi couldn't see Oikawa anymore, he couldn't see the brunette anywhere he looked.

Apart from when he looked forward in front of himself to see Oikawa supporting his husband, helping Ushijima stabilise himself while making sure not to make any eye contact with Iwaizumi.

Iwaizumi walked away.