Scorn

I've lost track of time it's the same thing everyday, you come in my room informing me of each meal and leave a glass of water on the nightstand next to the bed. I assume if you wanted to poison me you would've put it in the water you've been leaving, or the small amount of food I sneak out to eat when I know you're asleep.

The black night illuminated by stars bores into me as I stare out the window. I believe you've gone to bed so I'm preparing to creep to the kitchen just like I do every night, until I pass by the front door. In a split second I slip out, finding myself on a small porch.

Shivering I look around finding what I knew I would, nothing. It's too dark to see anything, the low glow from the lamps hanging on little hooks near the door barely make the porch visible.

"Amethyst?" You grumble and I turn slightly, you're leaning against the doorjamb barefoot with the wildest bedhead I've ever seen.

"Leave me alone." I whisper wrapping my arms around myself defensively. However, I'm not sure where I'd run if you sprung your attack now.

"Can't we just talk for a while?" You rub your eyes sleepily making my stomach churn at the fleeting thought of your cuteness.

"No." I spit, looking up to blink the tears from my eyes.

"You can ask me anything..." You sound so hurt, like your heart is aching along with mine for every agonizing moment I'm stuck here with you.

I exhale shakily, murmuring under my breath. "How long has it been?"

You respond with zero hesitation. "Fourteen days."

"Why did you take me...?" Cautiously I angle myself just enough to see you fumble, racking your brain for the correct response.

"Because every time I saw you you looked so sad and I didn't understand why such a beautiful girl was so sad and I wanted to help you---"

I whip around, glaring at your dark silhouette. "And you thought bringing me to the middle of fucking nowhere would help me!?"

"I thought I could help."

Anger begins bubbling beneath my skin. "Take me back!" I yell, ignoring you as I pace unconsciously around the deck. "Take me back now!"

"I can't---"

My hands weave through my hair, clenching tightly. "How could you do this to someone!?" I scream, not caring about walking on eggshells with you anymore. If you're going to kill me, you're going to do it whether I'm cowering in the corner or screaming I'm your face.

"I-I-I was intrigued by you."

"Bullshit!" I hiss and you cringe, I roll my eyes. I stop barely two feet from you. "I hate you, you know. I'll always hate you." You sigh and I shove past you back into the pathetic excuse of a room, where I sit staring at the door until a note slips under the door. I try to ignore it but it seems to scream at me to open it and I finally give in.

Please give me a chance to explain. I'm sorry.
-Michael

I roll my eyes tossing the note on the table alongside the others. I collapse on the bed sobbing into the pillow I've slept on for fourteen days, the pillow I've cried on for fourteen days.

a/n: Ugh, this chapter is so freaking awful and short! I'm sorry ): It's been sleeting all day where I live and I'm super horrified that my power is going to go out >.< Okay anyway lovelies, thank you so much for reading this piece of garbage! Love you guys<3 I hope you have a good day/night/ afternoon.